"You, you!" The woman was breathless from being angered by Zhang Yu's words.

Zhang Yu laughed once and continued, "Moreover, the engagement with Old Lady Wang's son was broken off by you yourself, wasn't it? Everyone was present on that day, do you still remember what you said to that scholar? Oh yeah, you mentioned that they would never become successful in life. And Ling'er would be more prosperous if she was with me, you told them to be sensible and to quickly agree with breaking off their engagement. To say that I am scum, why don't you take a look at the both of you and your excessive vanity? I gave up being with Ling'er because I saw through her. Even so, she kept pursuing me shamelessly, it was literally impossible to shake her off."

The woman immediately became speechless since that was exactly what she had said previously. Her face turned red as she looked at her neighbors.

Her words from that time were still fresh in their minds, hence no one stuck up for her.

When the woman looked around and saw no one willing to lend her a helping hand, she fell to the ground and started to cry, "My poor Ling'er, you were ruined in such a way!"

Zhang Yu could not be bothered by her as he tidied his clothes.

Upon witnessing the situation, Helian Wei Wei did not help the woman like she did before.

Although the Second Master Zhang was a terrible person, there was not much to discern between him and Ling'er's family given the current situation.

No wonder Liu'er's mother hesitated when she mentioned about these young girls.

Helian Wei Wei conjectured that she wanted to describe Ling'er as indecent but worried that it would stir things up if she did so, therefore, she decided to change her description entirely.

It was true that all these young girls wished to marry someone who was rich and powerful. Second Master Zhang had the looks in addition to his sweet talking skills when coaxing girls, not to mention his admirable status, which definitely appealed to the young girls. It was convenient for him to maintain ambiguous relationships with whoever he wanted.

If it was not due to the fact that the Path of Reincarnation would be affected, Helian Wei Wei would normally not want to be involved with such cases.

To her, it was an abusive cycle with one party willing to hit and another party willing to suffer.

There were plenty of such cases in reality.

Certain people did not know how to love themselves and were willing to go to a hotel with some stranger they met on the internet. In the end, they were murdered.

Helian Wei Wei could not understand why, with so many realistic examples out there, some of the ladies were still willing to breach their principles just to have their own absurd Cinderella story.

To even break off an engagement for that reason?

Helian Wei Wei's fingers paused, break off the engagement?

Heh, when you compare like that, Yan Liu'er was much cuter.

Helian Wei Wei smiled at Yan Liu'er as she thought about this.

Yan Liu'er blinked in bewilderment, puzzled by Helian Wei Wei's unaccountable smile.

Baili Jia Jue pulled Helian Wei Wei to his side in a dominating manner and asked in a low voice, "Why are you smiling randomly?"

Helian Wei Wei was lost for words, she was not smiling randomly.

"Do not smile at others except for me after this." Baili Jia Jue stated with a plain look on his face.