Chapter 18

Declan’s P.O.V

Watching the love of my life play with the pup excites me more to want pups of our own. Hearing Diana says dinner was ready, we all got up and went to the table with, of course, the pup right behind Lola. Gosh, I love this woman. 

Getting relaxed after dinner came quite quickly, but that was easily disturbed when Lola started growling, and Due told me Rieka needed out so, I asked Ralph and Diana if they wanted to come to and accepted. We all started to run into the woods with the little monster coming with us and shifted when we made it through.

This was our first family-run altogether. Looking to the side of me, Lola was right next to me, which made me show my wolfish grin as we all still ran. Feeling the wind in my fur the ground under my paws was a real stress reliever. I will have to thank Rieka for this.

We made it to the waterfall when we started to stop and relax for a little. Watching the pup play around use made me smile, don't tell Lola that, but he was cute. A little while later, I looked over at Lola and noticed her eyes changed, which means that Rieka took full control. With that in my head, Rieka got up and started yapping at Ralph, and that kept going on until He started to play with her.

Yes, she acts like a pup sometimes, but she did not have a good childhood. Looking at them playing made my heart swell up with love and pride for the person who was playing with my dad.

I'm extremely proud of how far she came, and she is improving each and every day.

When we got back to the house, Apollo opened the door to let us in to change in our rooms. I was fully clothed and resting my head on the headboard when I heard the bathroom door open, and I looked at my little mate in my oversized shirt on. She came closer to the bed, and I could feel my little friend what to visit, but I tried not to think about it, which was hard when she crawled on the bed all the way to me. She will be the death of me.

We just relaxed on the bed until Lola started to fall asleep, and when she was almost out, I kissed her forehead and told her how much I care about her.