I smiled at her as everyone began discussing what was going on today.

"Okay, everyone listen up," Steve said. "Banner, Clint, Tony, Wanda, Natasha and I headed out today to get information from a lab that we have suspicion to believe belongs to H.Y.D.R.A."

"Why am I not on the list?" a voice called out from the doorway behind me. I knew exactly who it was.

"Bucky, you're not going. We can't risk you falling into the hands of H.Y.D.R.A. We don't have the red notebook yet, and you're still vulnerable. No offence."

"So what am I supposed to do? Just stay here and watch. I'm the only person who has been to any of the H.Y.D.R.A labs. Without me, you guys are practically sitting ducks."

"That's why you're staying here; you're our ears from the outside. We'll all have mics so you can communicate with us."

"So I'm not allowed to go, but Banner can? He's a time bomb seconds from exploding."

"You're not going."

"This is bullshit."

With that, he walked out of the room, curse words mumbling under his breath. Steve was about to follow him when Tony spoke up. "Let him go have his temper tantrum. We need to get ready now," he remarked in a voice loud enough for Bucky to hear as he left the room.

"Thor, you're going with Y/N to her mom's house?" Steve asked.

"Indeed I am."

"Alright then, let's go, everyone."

We all got up from our chairs and left the room, me and Thor behind them.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked him.

"Yes, I am."

I walked with him into the elevator to the first floor. There I grabbed a leather coat that was handed to me by one of Tony's many assistants. We walked outside, where a sleek black limo was parked waiting for us.

"Hi, I'm Happy. I'm going to be your driver for today."

"Ah, nice to meet you, sir. Happy. Now, do you have any refreshments in any of the compartments of this vehicle?"

As Thor found his way to the liquor drawer of the car, I looked around for a phone to call my mother; to tell her we were on our way over.

"Happy, do you mind if I use your phone to call my mom to let her know we're on our way?"

"We've already called her to tell her. "

"Oh... okay."

The ride was short to my house. We didn't live far from the Stark tower, yet I had never heard of it before. We pulled into the driveway, and I immediately opened the car door and ran into the house.

The warm smell of vanilla consumed the air in front of me. It made me feel warm inside. I walked through the house, taking in the details I hadn't noticed until now. I was so glad to be back in my own space. I felt safe here.

"Mom?" I called out, "Are you home?"

"When we called her earlier yesterday afternoon, she was here. She was excited you were coming back." Happy explained behind me. "Maybe she's out shopping."

I climbed up the stairs and into her room. "Mom?" I called out once more.

Where is she?

I walked out of her room and back down the stairs into the kitchen. "That's weird; she's usually always here."

I walked back out the front door and opened the limo. "Thor, get up. My mom's not here."