Year 3 Chapter 4 - Brotherly Love

Magsimula sa umpisa

I really am becoming like Father. He thought.

Becoming his Father was his worst nightmare and that nightmare was slowly coming true.

~

Harry and y/n made it back to the common room and stepped through the portrait hole. y/n sat down on one of the couches and Harry sat next to her. She didn't have to tell him what happened because he already knew. After a few minutes of silence and y/n stopped crying, Harry took out a cloth to wipe her tear stained face. He then examined her face where Draco had hit her and let out a gasp when he saw it was already starting to bruise.

"How hard did he hit you?" He asked. y/n just shook her head not wanting to speak. After a few more minutes of silence it was y/n's turn to break it.

"That was your note?" She asked, turning to face him slightly.

"Erm... yeah, I wanted to talk to you about something bu- but it can wait." He stuttered.

"Ok" She answered "but you have to promise to tell me." She said as she gave him a weak smile.

"Pinky promise?" He said holding out a pinky.

"Pinky promise." She replied as they locked pinkies.

"Come on." He said "Let's go to dinner, I'm sure Ron and Hermione are wondering where we are."

He held out a hand for her to take, she took his hand and slowly got up with a groan. "Ok, but can we not tell them what happened yet?" She asked.

"Of course, whenever you are ready." He said with a soft smile. "But I'm not promising you Hermione won't notice that bruise."

They then walked back out the portrait hole to which they came and headed to the great hall.

~

They walked into the great hall and walked up to Ron and Hermione. They hadn't noticed they were still holding hands and Ron looked down at their hands,  smirked and looked back up at them. They quickly let go of each other's hands, sat down and started putting food on their plates.

"Oh shut it" Harry said while he felt butterflies in his stomach and y/n felt her face grow hot.

"Erm... y/n..." Ron started but hesitated "What happened to your face?"

"Ronald! You can't say that!" Hermione yelled

"No! No, I mean the bruise." His smile faded.

Harry looked over at y/n "Oh it's nothing..." y/n said while picking at her food. Her eyes filled with tears again.

"You sure?" Hermione asked."You aren't eating."

"I'm not hungry..." she pushed her plate away and left the great hall as Harry hesitantly followed her. Ron just looked at Hermione and shrugged.

"You ok?" Harry called.

"Do I look ok?" She said, pointing to bruise on her face with tears in her eyes.

"My own twin hit me across the face with a book just for hanging out with you!" She started to raise her voice.

"Oh... y/n I'm so sorry." He took a step closer to her and tilted her chin up closer to his face. She let out a breath of relief, he made her feel safe.

She looked into his emerald colored eyes and he looked into her e/c eyes. They stared at each other for a moment until their lips touched together. Not expecting it y/n pulled away and Harry gave her a look to ask if she was ok with this without saying it out loud. She answered his question by going back in for a deeper kiss.