The meadow

I DO NOT OWN THE HUNGER GAMES. ALL RIGHT RESERVED TO SUZANNE COLLINS!!
please enjoy
They were in a meadow. A meadow Katniss could only describe as her safe haven, a way to escape the horrors, the worry that was inflicted onto her when she was asleep. A little girl that looked to be about five was prancing around in a yellow dress that flowed to her knees in the meadow, she looked identical to Katniss with her brunette hair that rippled aimlessly in the wind, her eyes wild, the colour of the sky on a stormy night, while what Katniss could only guess was a two year old boy stumbling after the girl. The boy reminded her of Peeta with those piercing blue eyes that could put you in a trance, lead you to them then drown you. And wheat blonde hair that reminded Katniss of the flowers that had died due to the harsh summer, beautiful yet flamboyant.

For once Katniss was undeniably happy. She felt a warmth within her chest that she had only felt twice before. The first time was when she let prim keep that mangy cat buttercup, how badly she wanted to get rid of the ginger feline. It was just another mouth to feed as Katniss would always say. But it made Prim so happy, and the second was just before the reaping of the first games. Sitting there with Gale, her hunting partner. Her best friend. Sighing she lent back staring at the leaves from the tree that stood above her. Rubbing the fabric of her dress between her fingers. Closing her eyes for a second, she could hear the laughter of the two children and smiled to herself.

Suddenly though it sounded like the laughing became muffled, almost like someone had held a cloth over a persons mouth, stopping them from shouting out. Katniss slightly opened her eyes seeing if she could identify where the muffled sound was coming from. As she opened her eyes even more Katniss realised she was no longer sitting in the meadow but instead at the bottom of what looked to be a hole. Looking up frantically katniss could just make out a silhouette of a little girl. Make that two girls. They were looking down at her with mocking smiles on there faces. Upon closer inspection she could see that the little girls were... prim and rue? That didn't make sense. They were dead. They had died. It felt like katniss was on a carousel, she felt queasy as her vision became tilted and blurred. Was she dead too? No she can't be. Katniss slowed her now jagged breath looking up once more. This time she could see a dark skinned man with gold eyeliner that could definitely not be mistaken for her designer, Cinna.

The three silhouettes began circling the hole. Throwing the dug up dirt back into the hole where katniss lay waiting at the bottom. With each shovel full of dirt they threw onto katniss they would list all the reasons it was Katniss' fault for their death. One way or another. Katniss became trapped under the dirt, suffocating with only the words of the ones she lost burning into her memory. She felt as if her lungs would burst at any second.