Mara sent her a "shut the fuck up look" before setting it down onto the bed. She gasped loudly as her eyes moved along the body of the dress. It was stunning. The white lace covered the entire dress, decorated with a tulle overlay. The v-neck was the perfect depth. Her eyes moved towards the bottom of the dress, and then she paused, lifting it up into the air.

"Mara this is nude."

"Yes, only on the legs tho."

Esme kept my eyes on the dress, deciding. Although her best friend was right, it was definitely her, and she couldn't help but give in.

"I'll wear it."

Mara screamed loudly, running towards her, enclosing her in a tight hug. She shut her eyes, squeezing her friend tighter, whispering, "Thank you so much."

Esme's fear of human touch was long gone. The more time she spent around Scorp, the more she got used to his displays of physical affection. The feeling of his touch no longer felt foreign and scary but safe. And so was Mara's. She mentally thanked herself for taking her scar hiding potion earlier, enabling her to hide them for the rest of the day. As much as she wanted to bring up the topic of her scars to Mara, she couldn't muster up the courage to say the words. Her fingers would start trembling, lips quivering and then she would abandon her plan feeling weak. She knew Mara would never judge her for it, but still. They were personal. The carvings on her skin reminded her of who she was. She was Nothing. They reminded her that she didn't deserve to be saved. No matter how much they began to fade, she knew they would always mock her in a way. A permanent attachment to show all she went through.

"Earth to Esme.".

Mara moved her hands in front of her face, waving wildly to catch her attention.

"Sorry, what were you saying."

"Do you know what Mr.Malfoy is going to wear?"

She groaned loudly, shaking my head. She hadn't seen him in over two weeks. As soon as her voice came back, he stopped coming to her room. He was never outside by the gardens. She never smelled the awful scent of his cigarette drifting up towards her room. It was like he completely disappeared. Not that it mattered, of course, he was a father. Scorpius's father worked and had a love life with Ms.Parkinson. And Esme was something with his son.

"How would I know?"

Mara pulled her arm towards the bathroom, motioning for her to sit in front of the mirror. "He's ridiculously hot, you gotta admit it."

"I'm not talking about Scorps father with you, or anyone for that matter." she snapped, not on purpose. She felt slightly guilty as Mara shook her head, eyes falling to the floor.

"As you wish."

Esme rolled her eyes, watching Mara gracefully move around the bathroom. She applied light makeup to her face, warning her to keep it simple. If would already take forever to remove her makeup without magic, without her wand. She wanted to impress Scorpius mostly. Deep down, she prayed she could convince herself that she felt the slightest of feelings for him. Considering he already did, she needed to push herself with something new, and this could be it.

"You look stunning." Mara whispered, yipping up the back of her dress. She walked towards the mirror steadily, practicing walking in her heels. She was never a fan of them. Biting her lower lip anxiously, her stomach began to do summersaults as she peered at her reflection in the mirror. She looked beautiful. Her eyeshadow brought out the dullness in her eyes, the glow of her skin adding to the uniqueness of her freckles.

"All because of you."

She turned to look at her best friend, who wore the same dress, but in black. The shade of the dress brought out the green in Mara's eyes.