Chapter 22: Disbelief

Start from the beginning

He began talking to someone while he was still on the line. I could hear them speak.

Leon: Officer Guerena, any news?

Officer Guerena: We got a match, it's your wife's blood. I'm afraid... she's dead sir.

Leon: No she's not. She can't be dead!

Officer Guerena: Our condolences, on your...

Leon: No! I didn't lose her! Please, it's not true!

Officer Muzlera: Sir, I know you're just in shock, but...

Leon: No. No! Don't you get it! She's not gone! She's out there, somewhere! She wouldn't leave me, nor our kids! I can't! This can't be happening! This is just a nightmare that I need to wake up from!

When I heard the officers confirm the death of Violetta, my heart crushed into a million pieces. I dropped my phone and fell to the ground. My crew saw me on the ground and were trying to help me up, but I stayed down there, frozen in shock. The first thing I did was call Ludmila because she was the only one that could tell me the truth, that I heard wrong or tell me it was a nightmare.

Ludmila on the phone with Federico

Ludmila: Hey love, everything okay?

Federico: Are-are you busy?

Ludmila: Why, what's wrong?

Federico: Please c-come to the studio, I need to t-talk to y-you.

Ludmila: You're scaring me baby, what's going on?

Federico: Pl-please, hurry!

Ludmila's (POV)

I was worried about the conversation Federico and I had because I have never heard him like that before. I hurried to the studio, seeing him on the ground with tears streaming down his face.

Ludmila: Hey, I'm here. What's wrong?

Federico: She's dead!

Ludmila: Who? Who's dead my love?

Federico: V-v-violetta!

Ludmila: What, what are you talking about? Did Leon speak to you?

Federico: He tried to tell me s-something on the phone, but then the police came, and I heard their conversation.

A lump started to form in my throat as Federico told me the news. I sat down next to him and we cried in each other's arms for a while.

Ludmila: We need to go see Leon.

We walked past everyone and went immediately to my car. I drove us there, and that's where I saw the police surrounding the house. We got out of the car and tried to get in the house, but it was cornered off. We saw a few policemen, so we asked them to let us through.

Federico: Please let us through. Violetta Vargas is my sister!

Officer Guerena: Mr Vargas will be out soon as this is a crime scene.

We then saw Leon walking out with a few backpacks, with tears rolling down his face.

Ludmila: Leon! What happened!

Leon: I-I, I don't know! I went to the store to get her something, and when I came back, she vanished. The house was mess with blood everywhere, her blood.

Federico: Is she d-dead?

Leon: The police said no one can survive that much blood loss.

Ludmila: Did you call German?