41 - The Stranger

Start from the beginning

"What?" Regina asked.

David walked over to her, "I don't have any jumper cables, but I can give you a ride home in my truck," David said.

"Oh, no, no... I... Thank you, but I couldn't impose," Regina said.

"I insist. Unless you... Wanna have a car full of melted Rocky Road," David said.

Regina laughed softly, "Sure," Regina said.

Regina and David walked towards Regina's house through the front garden, David carried the groceries

Regina smiled at him, "Thank you for being my knight in shining armour," Regina said.

"Well, it's... More like flannel. But, you're welcome," David said.

"Hey, why don't you stay for dinner? I brought more than enough for me and Henry, and..." Regina shrugged, "Well, I'm making lasagna," Regina said.

"Oh. Well, I...I shouldn't. It's... Getting late and I've got to get up early tomorrow for work," David said.

Regina nodded, "Of course," Regina unlocked the door and they both enter the house, walking towards the dining table, "Oh, you can just... Set the bags over there," Regina said and gestured to a corner table as she noticed a note on the dining table, labelled Mom, she picked it up and read it.

David put the groceries down and looked at Regina looking the note, "What is it?" David asked.

Regina was looking at a blank note, "Henry," She set it down and looked at David, "He's having dinner with Archie after his session instead of coming home," Regina said.

"Sorry," David said.

"Lately it seems like he'll do anything to avoid spending time with me. But, I shouldn't be burdening you with my problems. You've already helped me more than enough for one day. Thank you," Regina said and turned away, feigning sadness while she held the note.

David silently considered leaving but turned back, "You know what?" Regina looked at him, "I do love lasagna," David said with a smile and Regina returned the smile.

Flashback

In the forest, Delphinia led the Blue Fairy, Geppetto, Pinocchio and Jiminy Cricket to the enchanted tree.

"The Evil Queen will stop at nothing to destroy Snow White and Prince Charming's happiness. We must stop at nothing to undo her curse," The Blue Fairy said.

"This is the tree," Delphinia said as they reached it and she turned to Geppetto.

"It's beautiful," Geppetto said.

"This is the last enchanted tree in the entire realm," Delphinia said.

"It can be done," Delphinia smiled, "I can make a beautiful wardrobe out of this," Geppetto said.