22 - Fruit of the Poisonous Tree

Flashback

The genie was cutting an apple from the apple tree in King Leopold's castle gardens. He sliced the apple as he heard footsteps behind him.

"I was beginning to worry you wouldn't come," Genie said.

"You were expecting the Queen?" Henry Senior asked as he looked around, holding a box.

The genie turned around, "Who are you? What have you done with her?" Genie asked.

"The king has locked her away in her chambers," Henry Senior turned to him, "My daughter is a prisoner in her own kingdom," Henry Senior said.

"You are the Queen's father?" Genie questioned.

Henry Senior presented the box to the genie, "Please, take this to her. The palace guards won't allow me into her chambers. They know I'd die for her. But you..." The genie took the box, "The king trusts you. He doesn't know that you have my daughter's heart. The guards will allow you in. Give her this box," Henry Senior said.

"Wait. I don't understand. What is in it?" Genie asked.

"This is the only thing that can free her from that wretched life. If you truly care for my daughter, I know you'll do whatever it takes to set her free," Henry Senior said and walked off.

On top of the box, there was a key, the genie picked it up and took a closer look at it.

End of Flashback

Alana parked up at the Town Hall and she and Sidney got out of the car, walking towards the entrance as Alana was typing on her cellphone.

"What are we doing here?" Sidney asked.

"We know she bought land from Gold. We don't know why. I'm willing to bet it's for personal reasons but we have to know for are. We need documents the officially link her to that land," Alana said as she pocketed her cellphone.

"So, you wanna break into her office. It's locked. And she's got a state of the art security system and alarm," Sidney said.

"If we don't show this town who Regina really is, who will?" Alana said as she put her glove back on.

"Do you think you can crack her code?" Sidney asked.

"Yep," Alana said as she picked up and rock and smashed the window of the front door, setting the alarm off then she reached her hand in the broken window, unlocking the door.

"Alana!" Sidney said.

"Who does the alarm system alert? The police. Me and Em are the police. Two minutes for her to get a call from the alarm company, one minute to get her coat and keys, three minutes to drive here. We got maybe six minutes," Alana said and they entered the Mayor's office.