once again, silence. chan awkwardly looked away again, unable to meet his eyes. jisung was sure if he'd continued, he'd be bursting out of tears. he was hurt, he needed to know.

a small part of him wanted to hear it was just a misunderstanding, he wanted to know more about chan - his feelings, thoughts. anything. he wanted to understand him more.

after what felt like forever, chan averted his gaze back at him. "i was just scared." he suddenly spoke, earning jisung's attention. "scared i might get hurt again." 

jisung's eyes widened in shock, hyunjin's words from earlier playing in his mind. so he was right all along, chan really did felt this way. 'i want to hear more from him...' he thought.

"is it because of what happened before?" he curiously asked, causing chan to nod again.

"that picture you saw the other day," chan paused. "i loved her a lot, she meant so much to me." that was when his eyes shifted into something he hadn't seen in a while - anger and hatred. "i hate her so fucking much for hurting me, i hate all humans."

the moment words left chan's mouth, jisung didn't know what else to say next. 'he's been through a lot, it must've been painful for him...' jisung said inside his head.

if only there was something he could do to make all of this better. "chan." he unknowingly called out, bringing chan's attention towards him. "i'm sorry you went through all this. it must've hurt to be betrayed and abandoned by someone you loved, especially by someone like them. i know you still hate humans but, i'm not like them. you deserve so much better than this and i want to show you that not all humans are like this so, i want you to be more honest about yourself." he smiled wider.

chan said nothing, continuously staring at him; jisung resumed. "i'm glad you finally opened up. just please don't lie to yourself anymore, it'll just end up hurting you even more. also, just know that i really like spending time with you." he couldn't help but smile happily at him.

the older looked down to his hand holding onto jisung's wrist, his eyes unknowingly softening in comfort at his words. this caused him to pull him a bit closer, slightly loosening his grip as he soon looked back up. "you're cute." he suddenly said.

jisung could abruptly feel his cheeks heat up, not believing what he'd just heard. was he actually complimenting him? out of nowhere? he didn't know what to respond with, he was taken aback.

"w-what? me, cute?" he stuttered in confusion, entirely flabbergasted. 

how could he just casually say something like that? what was he thinking of? jisung didn't know what chan was possibly thinking of, had he always been this sophisticated?

"am i wrong?" chan nonchalantly asked, looking at him straight in eye. "i find you cute." 

"i mean, am i really? not many people have said that to me." jisung sheepishly questioned with a shy smile as he rubbed the back of his neck.

chan said nothing, just nodding silently at him. 'had he always been this flirty?' jisung thought, finding himself unknowingly questioning his actions.

smiling greatly at him, it wasn't long when a sudden thought ran through his head. this made jisung freeze for a moment, remembering something he'd always wanted to ask. "but, why do you hate your personality so much?" he curiously asked.

just by hearing his question caused chan to pause. jisung instantly noticed the reaction and nervously chuckled, internally facepalming himself. "i mean, i don't mean it that way. i just wanted to know, your explanation from earlier wasn't really clear."