Thirty five - last "fresh" start

Start from the beginning

I don' want to get used to this.

Ugh y/n stop overthinking

✧༺♥༻∞∞༺♥༻✧

This is it, our last year at Howarts.
I will never get used to how time works, seriously, It feels like yesterday when I first put foot in this school. The 11 years old y/n would have never thought about what an eventful journey was waiting for her the next six years here, and now here I am.

By the end of this school year I will graduate.

And I'll get married.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" whispers Tom from beside me, professor Dippet finished his very boring speech ten minutes ago and I was to hungry to listen to him.
I didn't have the time to catch up with Abby, she is sitting at the Hufflepuff table right now.

"Hmm?" I turn up to look at him.

"You've been poking those poor potatoes for a while now,  if you wanted smashed potatoes you should've just take some" he says nodding towards my plate

I don't laugh at his attempt on a joke, i look down and see the masterpiece I made while I was completely zoned out.

"Oh i'm sorry" why did I apologise,
I HAVE NO IDEA.

Tom probably thought the same like,"what are you even apologising for",
and if he really did he said nothing about that.

"She's probably tired, mate" says Abraxas looking at me and then at Tom
"Yeah, it was hard to rest in the train" intervenes Avery looking at their friend too.
"I second that" says Dan putting one finger in the air and pointing at Avery, before massaging his own neck (he tried to sleep in the train)

The thankfulness I feel towards these  MEN right now arggg. Love them.

Tom only nods and when he looks back at me he whispers "you want to go the dorms already? I'll walk you there" he proposes

"Yes, but I'll go alone I'm really tired' I kiss him on the cheek and stand up, I smile and wave at the three and then walk out of the great hall.

Other students have left already so it isn't awkward to walk out of the room.

Before I could get to the staircase, I hear footsteps behind me echoing along with mine through the empty corridor.
I half think is was Tom, but the steps there not as heavy.
When I turn and see Abby looking at me concerned I let out a breathe or relief.

I walk towards her and throw my hands on her shoulders.

"I missed you best!" I  don't actually shout, but my voice is twice a loud in the corridors

"I missed you tooo!" We let go of our hug and she looks at me, the concern back in her brown eyes "everything's fine? I saw you poking the shit out of those potatoes with the fork, then I saw you walking out. Thought something happened."

I look at the floor searching the right words to tell her that I feel down sometimes but I don't want to show it, that I feel easily replaceable and that I'm doubting myself.

But all I manage to say is..
"Yes, everything's fine. I'm just really tired" I look at her this time with my most convincing fake smile.

"Alright, but if you need.. you know" she hugs me again "you go rest, I'm going back there. I told them that I was just going to the bathroom, by now they probably thing that I fell into the bowl"

"Goodnight!" she waves and run back to the hall

"Goodnight" I reply still laughing at what she said.

I turn back and walk towards the dungeons.

I open my dorm room and I don't see my two same roommates from last year.

A girl with pale skin and rosy cheeks, very long and straight shiny black hair is talking to a dark skinned girl with the most beautiful afro hair I've ever seen in my entire life.

They both stop talking to turn to the door, to me.

I suddenly feel intimidated,they are both so pretty.

I start to think that I may have entered the wrong room, but when I look at the bed on the left I see all my stuff.

No y/n, this is your room and your new roommates. They can't be worse than my last two... right?

I relax when they smile at me

"Oh hi! We were just talking about who could possibly be our other roommate" states the girl with rosy cheeks

"Hi, i'm y/n y/ln. I didn't really expect to have new roommates' I chuckle as I sit on my bed, still facing the two girls.

The two share a look, and now i'm afraid I may have said something wrong

"We know who you are" they say at the same time "don't get us wrong, you are pretty popular here. We heard a lot"

My eyes widen al the last sentence, there are a lot of rumours about me or Tom, but only a few are 'bad ones' since most people are too scared to talk shit behind our back.

"I'm Roseanne Strauss by the way, but call me Rose" says the girl with black almond shaped eyes

"And I'm Lira Strauss" says the other with her big dark brown eyes shining

They are sisters? Before I could even open my mouth Lira answers me

"Yes we are sisters" she laughs at my expression

They told me about how their parents travelled the world looking for baby witches to adopt. How they firstly adopted Lira during their trip to Egypt  and then Rose during their trip to the asian part of Russia.
I was so intrigued by their story, that I forgot that I was ''tired" and I also forgot to unpack

I feel like this year will be more fun.

A/n: I've been reading a lot of books recently when I take sone time for myself,

Do you guys prefer digital/wattpad books or paperbacks?
Personally I prefer having the physical book🥰

- 5 February 2021