Year 3 Chapter 1 - Leaving Malfoy Manor

Start from the beginning

His room happened to be right next to hers which was a funny coincidence. She quickly put her trunk in her room and came out and they went back down to the restaurant area and sat at a table to talk.

"When did you get here?" She asked super excited to be with her best friend again.

"Not that long before you arrived actually, I took the knight bus and the Minister told me you were-"

"-the minister is here?" She quickly cut him off. "Er... yeah... I sort of blew up my Aunt and the Minister cleared it up for me since it was accidental magic."

"You what?!?" She said trying to hold in her laughter which she wasn't doing a very good job at.

He chuckled and gave her a smile. She had looked... different from the last time he saw her and in the best way possible. She seemed to have grown a bit taller but still significantly shorter than Harry who had also grown over the summer. Her smile lit up the whole room, her h/c hair was perfect and-

-she is beautiful he thought. Wait, that's my best friend do I really think that?

He shook the feeling off and gave her a warm smile to which she returned.

"It's getting late," she said while rubbing her eyes, "I think I'm going to go to bed."

"Me too." Harry said as they both stood up to head back to their rooms. "Goodnight Harry." She said with a warm smile before going into her room.

"Goodnight." Harry called back before going into his room. That night he laid awake in bed thinking to himself.

I mean she is beautiful do I really think of her as more than a friend? More than what I think of Hermione and Ginny? No. I mean... maybe?

****

The next morning Harry woke up to the sound of arguing as he got out of bed. He quickly changed and peeked out his door so he could hear better.

y/n seemed to have heard too but she was still messy haired and in her bed clothes.

Wow. How is she still beautiful in such a state.

He quickly shook the thought off and started to walk as y/n caught up to follow. "Good morning" y/n said to him, still a bit groggy from just waking up. "G'morning" he said.

As they reached the top of the stairs they saw their other best friends Ron and Hermione arguing as they always do. 

"A cat! Is that what they toldyou? Looks more like a pig withhair if you ask me." Ron yelled 

"That's rich coming from the ownerof that smelly old shoe brush. It's all right, Crookshanks. Youjust ignore the mean little boy..." Hermione trailed off 

Ron saw us and pointed so Hermione would turn around, "Harry! y/n!" she said with a bright smile on her face.

Ron let out a snicker when he looked at y/n and she quickly realized she was still in her bed clothes and quickly ran to get changed after saying a quick hey to Ron and Hermione.

She got dressed quickly and came back five minutes later wearing jeans and a sweater.

She gave Ron and Hermione each a hug (even though Ron hated hugs we learned to tolerate them for her, y/n loved hugs) as she also has not seen them since Kings Cross station. They all sat down to catch up with one another and hung out the rest of the day.

They went to Diagon Alley that day to get their school books. Hermione brought along her  orange cat named Crookshanks that she's absolutely in love with.

"Make sure you keep that mangy cat away from Scabbers" Ron said in a stern tone.

"Or maybe you should keep Scabbers away from my sweet little Crookshanks!" Hermione said, sounding offended.

Harry rolled his eyes and smirked as y/n turned to him and whispered so only he could hear, "they are so getting married one day." Harry smirked and nodded in agreement.

After our long day we had a nice dinner with the rest of the Weasleys. y/n was happily reunited with Fred, George and Ginny. They felt like the older brothers and sister she never had.

y/n was also Molly Weasley's favorite out of everyone, (well that's what Fred, George and Ron tell her all the time) Fred and George were the first people she talked to on the train to her first year at Hogwarts.

~

y/n boarded the train with Draco and they quickly separated from each other as fast as they could as they separated, Draco ran into two tall identical red heads.

"Ugh you must be Weasley's" he said as y/n quickly turned around to see what her brother had already started.

"Ugh you must be a Malfoy" they said in unison "We could tell by the platinum bleached hair." One of them said with a smirk.

y/n's hair looked different from her twins because she dyed it, she refused to have the same color hair as him.

"Draco huffed and walked off as she walked in the direction of the twins to apologize.

"Sorry about my nasty twin." She said with a frown. "The twins' eyes lit up at the word twin. "We're identical!" They said in unison.

"I'm Fred-" "-I'm George and you're-" "-nothing like your blonde headed twin are you?" They said connecting sentences.

"No, I'm actually nice to people and I enjoy making friends and having fun-" she paused "how do you guys do that?" they both shrugged "We're-" "-naturals."
~

She went over and gave them each a hug. "Ah the only Malfoy we like!" Fred said with a smirk.

"Yeah yeah I get that a lot." She said "y/n dear! Have a seat, dinner is ready!" Molly called.

Molly told Hermione, y/n and Harry to call her Molly by the second time she saw us in person. We all sat down to have a lovely dinner. y/n loved home cooked food.

Everyone was talking cheerfully when Arthur pulled Harry from the rest of the group to have a talk.

"I am sure you are aware that Sirius Black has escaped Azkaban." he said while turning to Harry in the corner of the room.

"Are you aware of why he escaped?" he asked. "No sir." Harry said "Well Harry," Arthur started to say but paused "Sirius black escaped from Azkaban to kill you and I need you to promise me you won't go looking for him." he continued sternly.

"Why would I go looking for someone who wants to kill me?" Harry asked "I don't know..." Arthur said "...but I need to to keep an eye on y/n this year, I need you to keep her safe."

Harry nodded as Arthur patted him on the back and they headed back to the rest of the group to finish dinner.
~
They are going to go to Hoggy Warty Hogwarts next chapter so get ready guys! I have a lot up my sleeve and I am very excited! I can't wait to continue writing because it is quite enjoyable. Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

(1777 words)

(published on January 31st 2021)

~