Four

Me and Justin went upstairs so we could fresh'n up a little and i had to get changed. It's game day today, so got to show our team pride. Justin walked out of the bathroom ready and in a patriots shirt. "Oh thank god." I said and put a hand to my heart. "What is wrong with you?" He questioned. "I forgot to ask which is your favorite football team is. So, thank god you are wearing that, because we are a Patriot families. Wait, who's you're favorite baseball team?" I pointed my finger at him. He walked over to me and grabbed my hands. "Red Sox's." "Oh, you and Chris are going to get along great." I said smiling. "Why is that?" Justin asked me. "Because those are Chris's two favorite teams of all times. Come on we should get going. I want you to meet everyone before the game starts." I started pulling us out the door. 

We got downstairs and my family was waiting for us. All of us had our Patriots shirts, but i had a jersey on. "Oh good you are a Patriots fan." Dad said and then sighed. "Yeah, i chose a good one. And he loves the Red Sox's." I said smiling. "Oh, i care more about that then football." Luke said. "Why?" Justin asked him. "Because i like baseball more then football. But i love both." "Cool. I like baseball more too." Justin said smiling. "Okay. Let's get going." Mom said and opened the door. 

We walked across the street and got the front door. I opened it and yelled, "We're here!" I could here little footsteps and knew it was Miles. He came running and i picked him up. "Hi, bub. How are you?" I said standing back up. "Good. Who are you?" He said pointing to Justin. "That's Justin. He's my new friend i brought." I said then kissed his head. "Hi. You must be Miles." Justin said holding out his hand. Miles grabbed his hand and shook it. "What strong hands you have." Justin said trying to sound shocked. 

I put him on the ground and Carly came walking over. "Everyone is outside. Chris and Scott are playing cornhole and waiting for you to come out. But first. Hi, am Carly." She said holding out her hand. Justin shook it and introduced himself. Mom had already gone to the kitchen and Dad and Luke were outside. I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the kitchen. 

Lisa took a break from cutting celery and came over and gave me a hug. "Hey hon." She pulled away and pulled Justin into one as well. She pulled away and smiled. "Hi, i'm Lisa. It's nice to meet you, Justin." "It's nice to meet you too Lisa. Thank you for having me over." He said while smiling. "Oh, it's no problem. We always watch the game over here." She said and turned back around and started cutting. "The boy's are outside hon." "Thanks, other mother." I said and we walked away. "You call her 'other mother'?" Justin said while walking besides me. "Some times." I opened the door and Chris was already holding a beer. About to throw a bag. 

"You started drinking without me! You're in trouble." I said pointing a finger at him. "Hey! Don't blame me i don't know where this came from." I rolled my eyes at him. "Hey man, i'm Chris." he said smiling and pulled Justin in for one of those weird bro hugs (I don't know what else to call it.). "Great to meet you. Ally has told me a lot about you." "Good things i hope." He said and looked at me. "What? I grew up with you. I only have funny stories." I said. "Whatever. You want to join me and Scott?" He asked us. "Sure." Justin said. 

Scott met Justin and we played brother vs. couple. We didn't get through one game until the game was getting started. We walked inside and sat on the couch. I got me, Justin, Luke, and Chris beers and sat down. 

HALFTIME

We just got to half time and they are down by three. "Ally, are you going to find an apartment soon?" Lisa asked me. I just shrugged in response. "What do you mean?" Scott asked. "Not yet. I haven't heard from the office yet." I told and then took another drink. "Which office?" Dad asked. "Army office. I haven't gotten a call about my time. (I took a sigh) Sarge told me that when i got home i was supposed to get a call from the Army office letting me know about my time. If, they count my time while i was taken i am done with the four years i signed up for. But if they don't i still have another year over there." i said and looked down. Justin rubbed my back a little and kissed the top of my head. "Wait. So if they don't count the time you were gone for two years. You still have to go back?" Chris questioned. I nodded and looked at him. "They can't do that!" He raised his voice a little. "Chris i don't control over it. If they don't count it then i have to go back. And then, just as i planned before i left last time, i come home and stay home. And if they count it then i stay home, too." I said. He shook his head and took a long swig of beer. 

AFTER THE GAME

My phone started ringing and i knew that number, the office. "I will be right back." i said and went to the home office Lisa has. I answered the call and put it to my ear. "Is this Allison Carter's number?" A man said. "Speaking. How can i help you, Sir." "Hello Ms. Carter. My name is Henry. I wanted to apologize for not calling you sooner. But i wanted to ask if there is anyway you could come in tomorrow?" I questioned. "Sure. I can come in tomorrow at noon if that works?" I said i was now pacing back and forth. "That is perfect. Also, I am letting you know that you are off the hook for going back. We would like to say thank you for your service to your country." I took a sigh of relief and replied. "Thank you, Sir. I will see you tomorrow. Bye now." "Have good rest of your day. Bye." He said i hung up. I took another sigh of relief and put my hand over my heart. 

I walked out of the office and walked into the living room. "Who was that?" Chris asked me. "I'm good. I'm done. I don't have to go back." Chris stood up gave me and hug spun me around. "Thank god." He let me go and i went into Mom and Dad's arms next. Justin stood up and gave me hug. He picked me up and i wrapped my legs around him and whispered something in my ear. "Good. Because i don't have to back either. We can be together and not half way around the world. I love you." We have never said i love you to each other before. "I love you too." I said and we sat back down. 

We sat and talked for about another hour or so and went back home. I think the three boys will get along great.