•Chapter• 2

I got off more easily than I thought I would for the scene I caused yesterday at the bride viewing ceremony, and for that I was very thankful.

What I wasn't thankful for was the way Arjun's friend acted and him winking at me before leaving, which made me lose my sleep and replay the events in my head until well past midnight. I love my sleep and I lost it because of him, and I don't even know his name, I won't forgive him for that.

My uncle and I had a serious talk this morning about me joining the STF, he was very strict about me not getting hurt and taking good care of myself, it was obvious that he didn't want to let me go but he decided to since he knew I can be very stubborn. I got teary eyed but I quickly hid it before he could see.

It was better to start everything with God's blessing, so here I was in the temple, in my favorite saree, mindfully praying for a good future and a very handsome and understanding husband for when I do decide to get married while circling the sannidhi (temple) when suddenly, a hand grabbed my wrist and another hand covered my mouth, pulling me back until my back hit the chest of the person holding me captive. Before I could elbow him and get out if his grip he shushed me in my ear to be quiet. Turning around, I met the same eyes that left my home with a mischievous wink yesterday, Arjun's friend.

I tried to wriggle out of his grip and he held me even tighter making it a little difficult for me to move, one of his hand resting on my bare waist in order to hold me close. I went still. I didn't know what to do. I mean I know how to get out of his grip if I tried but..

"Stay quiet for a second, let's just wait until they round the corner and leave." He said, really close to my ear, a hand still wrapped around my mouth.

I turned to him, confusion in my eyes, hoping he would get it and explain what on earth was going on. But he kept his glance straight ahead watching some people praying in front of the smaller sannidhi, I looked to see Arjun's parents and some other people I didn't know talking as the priest handed them the prasath. My eyes went wide as Arjun's Mom suddenly turned in our direction but thankfully we were behind a piller so she didn't spot us.

I pulled his hand away from my mouth.

"Why are we hiding from them? Why do I have to hide?" He was still holding me.

"I don't know how it went on your side but the guy who arranged the ceremony yesterday threw a huge fit and insulted Arjun and his parents, especially for not putting their foot down and demanding to go through with the ceremony. They tried to make him understand but he wasn't having it. It ended up becoming a fight between him and Arjun's Dad." He slowly let go of me, his hand on my waist letting go a little slower than the one on my shoulder. I raised an eyebrow to which he quickly moved away from me.

"I know it's not your fault but if they see you here, right after the big fight yesterday it might cause some unnecessary talks and problems, you know.. I mean, ipudu chudaledante better ga untundhi ani anupisthundhi. (I think it'll be better if you don't see each other now.)" He moved away to stand next to me.

"Both for them and you."

"You may be right. Fine." I turned to see them leaving as a sigh escaped me.

"They're gone. Can I go pray now?" He looked to see them gone and nodded. Eyes still on the entrance.

With a shake of my head, I left him behind and continued to pray for my future, hoping to relax as I sat down on the grass for a moment of peace when someone suddenly sat next to me, bumping into my shoulder. Him again.

"Ipudu yenkavali?" (What do you want now?)

"What's the urgency? Let's chat, I'm bored," he said with a smile that was too confident. I didn't like it.