╰➢ morning talks

Start from the beginning

I had found your grades that apparently never came. They're in your pillow. If you continue slacking off, your father and I will get Professor Mcgonagall to remove you from the Gryffindor quidditch team. Either you don't keep your grades up and get your broom confiscated or you get good grades and stay on the team.

Mom.

Harry looked up from the paper, a horrified look on his face. "That isn't fair. It's not your fault that you have a hard time understanding things in classes."

"That's exactly what I'm trying to say." Nicole croaked out, gently taking the paper away from him. "They had no problem with Aurora when she couldn't even mount her broom properly. Why would they get mad at me for my shit grades when quidditch is the only thing I can do properly?"

"Hey, you're good in other things too!"

"You're just saying that to make me feel better." Nicole deadpanned.

Harry shifted on his chair, a genuine look on his face. "No, I'm serious! Remember during our first year when you and Hermoine were the only one's to be able to turn porcupines into pin cushions?"

Nicole smiled, nodding.

"And charms too? Professor Flitwick told you that he thinks that you might be able to do non verbal spells in our fourth year. Do you not realize how advanced that is?"

"Well, I suck at potions. And Herbology. Even if I am good at charms and transfiguration, I suck at memorizing things." Nicole deadpanned back, throwing the paper into the fire. "I'm useless."

"You're not useless." Harry said sternly. "All you need to do is focus a bit. You're a brilliant witch, Nic."

The girl smiled again, facing Harry. He held his hand out to pat his hair with a growing smile on his face. "Love your hair, by the way. It's cute."

Nicole giggled, removing the rope that tied her bangs together upright.

"Good afternoon." Professor Lupin greeted. Nicole looked at him intently, curious as to why he looked really shaggy. There was nothing wrong with that, of course— it was just unusual for a Proffesor to look like that.

"Would you please put all your books back into your bags? Today is a practical lesson. You will need only your wands."

This was Nicole's favorite class already. Happy that Snape's class had just ended, she shoved her books into her bag with no hesitation whatsoever.

"Right here. Look this way. Please, if you will." he told the other students, who were whispering quietly.

There was a wardrobe in front of them. It was shaking slightly.

"Intriguing, isn't it? Would anyone like to venture a guess... as to what is inside?"

"That's a boggart, that is." Dean's voice announced.

"Very good, Mr. Thomas." Lupin smiled. The wardrobe jolted with a loud thug, which made Aurora jump a bit.

"Now, can anybody tell me what a boggart looks like?"

Aurora raised her hand proudly, which made Lupin delighted as he chose on her.

"I should've raised my hand first." a voice mumbled from beside Nicole. The girl shot Ron and Harry a frantic look, wondering why their friend had suddenly appeared out of thin air.

"No one knows. Boggarts are shape-shifters. They take the shape of whatever a particular person fears the most." Aurora said proudly.

Lupin smiled, taking a look at the wardrobe once again. "Correct, Aurora." he said, making sure to not say Hwang since there was two of them. The girl smiled in pride.