Chapter 1

Chapter 1

The house was empty, everyone was out but me. I, Catherine Law was home, in my room. Locked. Suddenly voices from my balcony echoing my name, slowly fading after few seconds. “Catherine!.. Catherine..! Catherine..!” I headed towards my window and look outside and there it stood a handsome figure of a boy, Christian Cains.

He saw me, from elsewhere he pulled out a piece of long rope and threw it upwards towards me with a note hanging on the end that flew in. I ripped it off and read what it said,

Catherine,

I love you, please, don’t leave me.

I can’t live without you.

I know you heard me talking to you dad the other night during dinner while you were pretending to go restroom, I know you know I was lying.

I love you,

Please forgive me.

Love you,

Christian

I laughed and walked towards my balcony with the piece of paper in my hand. I held it out where he could see both the note and my hands and slowly, I started to tear it into pieces and threw it down where he was and headed back to my room. Tears’ rolling down my face, my heart was aching but why? He doesn’t love me, why is he still acting like he does? He even admitted to father. Questions running through my brains, I cried harder. 

As my phone started to ring, I picked it up to see who was calling, Christian Cains. I picked it up and before he could say a word I said to him, “Don’t call me, I don’t want to hear your voice.” and hung up. I tried to make my tone serious and harsh so he doesn’t know I’ve been crying, especially not over him. Not long later my phone rang again, I took it and look who it was again, Rain White. I picked it up and waited for her to talk.

 “Hey, Catherine! What’s up?” She said.

“Not much, been locking myself in my room.” I replied while uttering over tears I’ve cried. She heard and asked if she could come over but I didn’t answer. Five minutes after the call, my door bell rang. I walked down the stairs and opened the front door, Rain was there. I ran into her and gave her a hug with my watery face all over her jacket. I quickly pulled away when I realised what happened and apologised.

She laughed for two minutes then said “It’s okay, so who made you like this?” as she said that I started to cry again and soon she knew who.

“Christian?” she asked with her deadly eyes facing the door. I nodded.

“Be back soon.” She said in a deadly voice and tried to shove away from me; I pulled her back and said,

“No.” Giving her a hug and crying at the same time. She knew I needed her support right now more than anything so she stayed hugging me back. After a while of crying I finally stopped I looked up at Rain’s face and smiled then said,

“Thanks  Rain.”