Chapter One : Goofing Off

"Where is she? Hmmmmm...."
A small light-haired girl tried to squeeze her way through the crowd near the endless lines of shops along the road and squinted into the distance.

Today, she learnt two new things.
Firstly, it's a pain to go out without your spectacles when you're obviously blind.
Secondly, her best friend has a thing for disappearing every now and then, but she genuinely hoped that she wouldn't cause any trouble for all of them.

She huffed. "Where is sheee??"

She finally gave up and crouched near a trash can. She had been searching for her EVERYWHERE. The girl knew that her best friend would be super excited about the trip to Tokyo, but they can't afford to lose her right here and right now.

She yawned. She was reminded of the fluffiness of the hotel pillow and the softness of the hotel mattress, giving comfort to her small frame and she had to leave it all in search of her best friend. The sunny weather was too hot to her liking and it was too noisy. She missed the soft burr of the A/C back at the hotel.

Apparently the girl became much more concerned when her mission there was to find a foreign boyfriend, and her best friend is slowing her down.

Her train of thought were suddenly interrupted by a snicker not so far away.

She was mortified. She doesn't want the foreigners all around her think she's mental, walking around in loops while screaming her best friend's name. She might as well say goodbye to her mission and perish in peace. She turned around to see who was laughing at her with an anxious expression, reluctant to stand up from the comfort of the shade that the trash can was supplying.

She let out the breath that she'd been absent-mindedly holding in and fumed when she saw the figure beneath the sakura tree, bending over to cover her mouth.

"Y/NNNN!! WHERE WERE YOU???"

Y/n pov
I couldn't help myself and burst out laughing at a flustered Amelia. I cackled and nearly choked when she elbowed my sides.

"OwwW- what was that for??" I said, with tears in my eyes from laughing too hard. I rubbed my poor waist, who was always the victim of Amelia's wrath.

She grabbed me by the end of my shirt and dragged me back to our meeting spot, ignoring the stares that we're  receiving from the crowd around us.

"It's all your fault that I have to leave the hotel. You better not do that again....or else...."
She said in a warning tone and I nodded quickly.

The light-haired girl named Amelia may look small and dainty, but she's crazy strong, too. Probably from all that years of learning and practicing karate. I gulped at the thought.

She continued dragging me towards our meeting spot and then took a seat at a nearby bench and forced me to sit down too.

The girl was sighing. She had wanted to flee back to the hotel, but Zoe had left the hotel earlier and told her to go fetch me, who was wandering around. Afterwards, our senior told us to go straight to the meeting spot, and reminded us to not slack around since she's a punctual person.

We both took in the view of the playground in front of us. The view was refreshing to see, and it was what I'd love to see first thing in the morning. The kids playing on the slides, the adults and elderlies talking to each other, and the beautiful Mother Nature surrounding us all. The trees rustled gently against the calming breeze. The amount of greeneries we're seeing here is astounding, and it blended harmoniously with the atmosphere at the playground.

A small girl was playing with a boy, and they were very happy together. Suddenly, the boy fell in an attempt to catch the girl in their small hide-and-seek game and started crying. The girl quickly rushed to the group of elderlies and adults talking and asked for their help. They all quickly helped the boy get up and brought him somewhere else.

"Maybe this was the change of view we needed after all...." I murmured thoughtfully and Amelia hummed in response.

"AHHHHH!!!" Amelia suddenly yelled when she checked her phone.

"WHY? WHAT'S WRONG??" I asked, alarmed. Maybe her phone wallpaper of Jungkook wasn't flipped the right way? Or it's not perfect? Or she's just surprised by the power that the wallpaper holds?

"WE'RE AT THE WRONG PLACE!! COME ON, LET'S GOO!!" She replied in a heightened tone, and even took the opportunity to slap my back in advance, knowing full well of what I was thinking.

~~
Yay!! Part 1! Part 1! WOOOOO!!!!

I actually started this series a while back, when I first downloaded Wattpad, but I've done some thinking and I might publish this series slowly.

I need to read more novels to expand my vocabulary.

Hope you're still enjoying the story so far!

(AWHHHH I JUST REALIZED THAT THE PROLOGUE GOT OVER 40+ READS AGHHH- THANK YOU THANK YOU!!)

Votes and shares are appreciated thank youuuuu <3 !!