08; A Slytherdor sleepover

The weeks passed in a series of lessons, quidditch, and head girl duties, and Rhaenyra quickly found herself falling into a comfortable routine which somehow managed to balance everything

On the last Friday in September, Rhae and Juno had made their monthly trip to the Gryffindor dormitories for what became known as a 'Slytherdor Sleepover' in which the two Slytherin girls would spend the night gossiping with the lions.

'I hope you brought pumpkin pasties,' demanded Marlene as she opened the door.

'You wish,' snorted Rhae, 'I'm afraid my food palette is too refined to go within five metres of those things.'

Marlene rolled her eyes as she helped their girls carry their blankets and pillows into the room, grumbling something along the lines of 'Slytherins are the worst.'

'Once you've all settled down,' began Lily, 'I have something important I think we need to discuss.'

Rhae and Juno glanced at each other, worriedly. All the other girls appeared to know exactly what was going on, which did not ease their concern.

The two quickly made themselves at home, Juno jumped beside Mary whilst Rhae forced Lily to move aside so that she could join her on the bed.

'What is it then?' Rhae asked cautiously.

The Gryffindors laughed in response, for it was rare that Rhaenyra Pendragon was kept in the dark.

'Potter told me something interesting the other day, about you and a certain Marauder getting along quite well?'

The Slytherin seemed to ignore the second half of the sentence, focusing much more readily on its opening.

'You? Talking to Prongs? Willingly?!' A smirk crossed her face, 'I knew you'd give in eventually!'

Lily's face became bright red but, thankfully for her, Alice saved the day.

'No, Lily means to say that rumour has it you and Sirius are getting along quite well.'

Rhae looked around the room to see all of them staring at her in anticipation. This had clearly been a subject much discussed prior to their arrival.

'Well I'm sorry to disappoint you all,' she started, 'but I remain as disgusted by him as ever. I will admit that I've been a little less... openly hostile recently, but that's only because Remus suggested we try and get along a bit better. Besides, he called me a "pretentious death eater who brought shame on the name of Pendragon" the other day, so I don't think he feels particularly fond of me.'

Despite the seriousness of her tone, few of the girls seemed convinced.

'That's not what Jam- Potter said,' remarked Lily.

Rhae turned to look at her with an expression of disbelief. 'Since when have you taken James' word over mine?'

Lily was silent.

'If you're not interested in him,' chimed Juno, 'I might test my luck.'

Although she spoke with a joking tone, Rhaenyra could not help but feel a twinge of anger at the prospect of her best friend flirting with Black.

She put it down to their being enemies... nothing more.

'You can do if you like,' she replied as nonchalantly as she could.

It didn't seem to hide her true feelings though, since Marlene only looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

'Stop it! Enough boy talk!'

'But I wanted to interrogate Mary about Elizabeth,' whined Alice.

Rhaenyra chuckled, everyone knew that Mary had a huge crush on the Ravenclaw beater.

'That's not boy talk though, that's - girl talk!'

'What Nyra means to say is that we can talk about whoever we want to, unless it's Sirius-,' explained Lily cheekily.

'Exactly!'

'-because she's too stupid to admit that she doesn't hate him and that she actually wants to k-'

Lily claws cut off by two hands grasping her mouth as Rhae jumped onto her and they both fell off the bed.

'The only thing I want to happen to Sirius is for him to magically be shipped off to Beauxbatons!'

But even as she said it, the girl didn't quite feel the enthusiasm that she once had at the idea.