Chapter twenty-eight: Kennedy Grace, and Maisy's ongoing fascination

Start from the beginning

Maisy smiled back and looked up to Cassidy for approval, then she waved back. "Hi."

"And did I have a baby? What about that?" Cassidy nodded towards the baby carrier wrapped around her torso. "Oh that's right! This is Fisher, he's about 3 months old."

As soon as Maisy heard the word 'baby,' she was suddenly very interested. Since she saw the small infant on Tv yesterday, she's loved babies.

"Baby?!"

Cassidy smiled at Maisy and nodded, leaning down. "Yep, don't be too loud okay? You can't wake the baby up."

•.                                       •.                                   •.

After they had a quick introduction of Fisher and Maisy, they went inside and got a booth. Kennedy explained she was in town to visit her parents, but was super excited about being in the city again-Even though she only lives in New Jersey.

"That is so crazy, I can't believe I didn't know that you owned a restaurant." Kennedy's parents were originally from London, so sometimes she'll accent certain words.

Cassidy smiled as she opened the pack of crayons for Maisy, who was very eager to color.

"Yeah, how's married life? It's so weird to me that you have a baby." That was a lie. Cassidy wasn't surprised at all that Kennedy has a baby, the only shocking part was that Fisher is her only child.

"We are doing so great, we just celebrated our eighth anniversary! I can't believe it's been eight years since our wedding." Cassidys smile faded a bit and she brought a cup of water to her lips.

"Speaking of anniversaries, how's your mom? I haven't seen her in so long!" Kennedy didn't know, she always meant well. But it didn't stop it from stinging a bit.

"Actually, she...passed."

Cassidy glanced at Maisy to make sure she wasn't paying attention before breaking the news.

Kennedy was silent for a second before quietly asking "I am so sorry...is your dad...?"

Cassidy kept on a small tight lipped smile on, trying to keep the mood normal. "He's gone too."

"Cass, I am so so sorry." Kennedy got up and hugged her. "It's okay, really. We're doing good, Beau actually took over the company."

That turned the conversation around, and they started talking about the Rose siblings, and Kennedy's life.

After a long long talk, Maisy whispered into Cassidys ear, making her smile again.

"Okay, okay. Um, Kennedy?" Maisy stared at Kennedy as Cassidy asked for her.

"Can Maisy see the baby?"

Kennedy smiled and shifted Fisher around, showing Maisy the baby's sleeping face. "He's sleeping so I can't take him out, maybe later hun."

Maisy was disappointed but attempted to hide it, twirling Teddy around in her arms. "okay."

"Do you maybe want to come back to our place for a little while? You can see everybody again." It seemed like the right thing to say, Cassidy knows everyone would like to see her again.