Fear of falling

Moana's POV:
I have come to a realisation and it haunts me slightly. I haven't known ocean for very long but there's something that draws me to her. I find it quite ironic how her name represents the only other thing in the world that draws me to it. I have been connected to the ocean from a very young age and I have always treated it like a real person. A friend. Obviously I was a lonely child as Maui spent his days out in his boat and my parents were busy protecting and leading the people of our island. So I never really knew how to make or saw the point in friends. The only friend I needed was the ocean. My grandma was the only person I saw a lot of as she also shared the same passion for the ocean as I. Her death only drew me closer to the ocean as it reminded me of her. But now I had and even stronger bond which was only formed in the span of a few days. But that's what's so terrifying. The fact my love is so strong for her and I'm terrified of losing her or making things worse by telling her how I feel. My mind is buzzing and my head aches. Not to mention how my muscles and whole body felt weak with fatigue. I had spent the past week running around an island and sailing though a never ending ocean that kept me awake despite how tired I was. This combined with the new feelings I had discovered made me shudder and tremble. I hadn't been prepared for something as different as this. Life on the island was so peaceful that it almost makes me regret leaving. But of course, the positive outcomes outweigh the negatives. So here I sat there with tired eyes wondering how far I would go. I felt myself almost nodding off to sleep until a noise behind me startled me. I turned around to see Ocean sat up. "Hey. Are you alright?" I asked. She was sweating a lot despite the cold air surrounding us. Her eyes were wide and the luminous moon reflected off them. She looked at me as I spoke and when she saw my sight, her face relaxed slightly. "Yeah. Just a nightmare"
"Oh? Wanna talk about it?"
The next thing I knew she was opening up to my even more and I started to panic, not really sure what to do or say in hopes of comforting her.
"...and then my mother appeared in front of me. But it was her corpse. Her face was twisted and deformed and her limbs were moving unnaturally, bending in places they shouldn't. Sh-she charged towards me a-and that was when I woke up"
I heard her voice shaking slightly and I could see her trying to hold back tears. In that moment, all I felt was sympathy. My feelings no longer held me back. I leaned against her and wrapped my arms around her shoulders. That was when she finally cracked and the tears started rolling down her cheeks. She flung her arms around me and squeezed tight to the extent where I almost couldn't breathe. We stayed like that for a while, her breaths were shaky and she was trembling a lot but she had seemed to calm down. Her tears now ceased to exist and all that was left was a weak smile on her face. I soon realised she had fallen asleep in my arms. I lay her back down gently and sat back at the front of the boat. Once again, I was left alone with my thoughts. I imagined it shouldn't be too much longer until we arrived back home. We had agreed that Ocean would live with us seeing as she had nowhere else to go and had helped us a great amount. I would miss Mulan however. I felt like we really related to each other and didn't want to leave her on her own. Although the sun had started to appear, I was still struggling to keep my eyes open. I decided to wake Maui so I wouldn't fall asleep without someone watching the boat. As soon as my head hit the wooden floor of the rickety boat, I immediately fell asleep.