***38***

Vels POV:

I felt the small hand in between mine flick away from me and the chair beside me creak backwards. My eyes immediately shot up to a heavily breathing malori. I felt a pain in my neck at seeing malori like this, i just wanted to hug her and never let her go.

But before i had the chance to do that malori sprinted out the door, the last words she said were "i-i have to go" i immediately got up trying to run after her but felt a hand from across from me grasp mine.

I looked at the owner of the hand that stopped me from chasing after my beloved ready to blow their head off. But stoped when my mother was just shaking her head at me, indicating that i shouldn't be the one to go after her.

Because of this i had to sit down. I was pissed but i knew that i would probably make things worse. Why does this hurt so much? A couple seconds of silence passed until amelia, the other girl next to malori and my f-fiance. It pains me to even say that word. Although she is nice and we were both forced into this relationship, plus i know she has a crush on her gaurd, it still doesn't make it right.

She stood up and ran after her. I felt a sense of relief wash over me knowing that someone nice and trustworthy is runing after my mate.

She left the door following the trail of broken things that malori had left in her quest to get away and soon after my mother joined her to find malori. Now i was left with the soldier, my 'dad' and the faithful/annoying servants.

Wow we didn't go anywhere with this chapter. Have a wonderful day/night ;)