"Davin let me go!"

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Michael staring at us before he scrunched up his face and stormed out of the gym. 

I was fed up and confused now and pushed him with all my strength off of me.

"Move asshole!"

"You don't wanna dance with me, babe? Well, your loss. I only came up to you to get my ex jealous. There's plenty of other girls still here," he sneered.

What the fuck?! I'm certainly not talking to him anymore. What a loser!

"You're a fucking loser Davin! Quit harassing people!"

I gotta go find Michael and explain things..

I rush through the crowd of people and walk down empty halls trying to find him. I come to a stop when I see him sitting on the stairs with his head in his hands.

My heart nearly breaks seeing him this upset.

The sound of my heels clicking against the floor makes him remove his hands from his face and glare at me with slight annoyance.

He doesn't say anything, he just stares.

I sigh. "Michael..I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you in some way. That guy was forcing himself on me! I just thought it would be an innocent dance. I apologize."

Michael takes a deep breath before lifting himself off the ground. "No no, you don't need to apologize." He pauses for a minute. "I-I just got kinda jealous seeing you with this guy because..

He quickly glanced up at me before looking back down.

"I was planning on asking you to be my prom date but backed out." He facepalms and throws his head back in irritation. "Now I'm mad at myself because I should've asked you. I was scared of getting rejected though."

I took his hands in mine and looked right into his eyes. "Michael I would never reject you! I would have loved to be your date."

He gave a shy smile before he asked me a question.

"Y/N..will you be my prom date?"

I leaped into his arms with glee. Completely forgetting all about that jerk and feeling all the frustration glide off of me. "Yes yes yes I'll be your prom date! Now let's go!"

I dragged him by his arm back to the gym. We meet up with my friends.

"Girl, where have you and Michael been?" Y/F/N smirked.

I scoffed before hitting their arm playfully.

"Oh please! We were just in the hall talking. That's all."

They grinned before going back to dancing. "Alrighttt."

I turned around and faced Michael. I linked my arms around his neck, followed by him slowly placing his hands on my waist, instantly giving me butterflies.

The slow music around us creating a mood I've never felt with Michael in my presence before. I could kinda always tell there's been a little bit of romantic tension between us but the both of us would always brush it off and assure everyone, and ourselves, that we were just friends.

But now, there's no denying that something else was going on here.

I noticed as his alluring, deep brown eyes shifted from mine to my lips.

Pressure began to build in my chest.

He looked me up and down before looking into my eyes again. Silently asking if he had permission to kiss me.

I slowly nodded as my breath swiftly became choppy.

Michael removed his large hands from my waist and cupped my cheek, leaning down. My hands still behind his neck. 

When his soft lips met mine, I felt sparks go off inside of me. I almost completely melted at his touch. The kiss was impassioned and gentle. All of our hidden feelings after all these years were finally released through this kiss. We both got so lost in the moment and nearly forgot where we were. 

I craved more of his sweet lips, but I had to break this kiss before things got out of hand.

We backed away from each other and stared into each other's eyes.

Michael chuckled. Showing off that captivating smile of his. Making my stomach flutter.

"That was amazing.." I whispered.

I was on cloud 9. I felt like flying.

Michael suddenly took my hand and spun me around. Earning a laugh from me.

Then we danced the night away..