o n e

Flashback:

I was sitting in my bedroom, painting a picture of a blue flower when daddy called me downstairs.

  I ran down to the main foyer where my aunt Freya was sitting down with my mommy and daddy.

Daddy was speaking in a hushed tone to my uncle Elijah when I noticed he was holding a letter. "Daddy what's that in your hand?" I asked with my head tilted.

"Y/n sit down. We need to talk." He said quietly. I walked and sat down in between auntie Freya and mommy.

Daddy came and knelt in front of me with a faint smile on his face. "You know you were born a tri-brid, which makes you extremely valuable yet extremely dangerous. You are the only living one to exist. Now, you were born a witch. This letter came for you; It is your acceptance letter to a magic school named Hogwarts."

  My eyes lit up as I listened to everything my daddy was saying.

  "Their magic is very different from our magic Y/n. They go by a whole different system than us. Me or your mother would not want you getting hurt or made fun of because you are different than them. Now we have talked to Caroline and she said that a transfer from your current education at the Salvatore school is possible. You do know what this means though don't you?"

  I shook my head.

  "This means, that you would have to move away from us. Don't fret, you would come see us over every holiday. After serious consideration, we have decided that we would leave this decision up to you."

  I turned my head to look at mommy. I don't want to leave my family. What if the kids make fun of me for being different?

  My mommy smiled and put her hand on my cheek. "Y/n baby it is completely up to you. We won't be mad with whatever you decide. It would be fun for a new experience, they use wands, and you get to bring a pet." She said reassuringly.

  I could tell my daddy wasn't fond of the idea, but I didn't really enjoy my current school. No one would hang out with me because of who my daddy is. They think he's mean and evil when really he's my knight in shining armor.

  "Okay. I'll go."

                                  ☽
Prologue:

  Y/n Mikaelson was only 11 years old when she got accepted into Hogwarts. This meant leaving everyone and everything she ever knew behind. Learning a new type of magic, while getting a chance at a new start seemed like enough. Dumbledore and all the professors all knew about the Original family as well as the students. The family had been in a book about werewolves, witches, and vampires.

  Seems like Y/n's only shot at a new life had been a waste. Now, she had no choice but to attend Hogwarts. Her family couldn't visit since Dumbledore put a powerful enchantment to keep them out. Y/n had gone back home for the holidays during her first two years at Hogwarts, but eventually she just.. stopped going.

  Y/n had befriended the entire Weasley family, as well as Harry and Hermione. Over the years, Y/n found herself fond of Fred. Her family had written to her but when she found out that her father had fled New Orleans and didn't want any information on her or her family, she stopped answering. All her memories of him tucking her into bed, painting flowers with her, telling her stories seemed like a lie. Over the years, Y/n and Fred had won eachothers hearts. They were in a happy relationship so far. That is.. until her father reappears.

Present Day

"Fred stop!" I laughed. We were all in the Great Hall eating our lunch. Fred kept tickling me non-stop and was starting to get on my nerves. "Love I have to eat my food. If you don't let me, you'll become my next meal so bug off." He immediately stopped.

Of course everyone knew I was Y/n Mikaelson, the only tri-brid to exist. Fred made me promise to him that I'd never activate my werewolf or vampire side, and I didn't. I didn't like the idea of killing someone, or dying.

"Bloody hell Y/n you need to quit with the vampire jokes. I mean, you're scary." Ron trembled.

We all broke into a fit of laughter. Ron always thought I would try to eat him after he found out I was part vampire. You would expect the students there to be completely okay with it, but they were all scared. I didn't mind though, at least not anymore.

  "Hey darling, what do you say we go pull some pranks on Filch later?" Fred asked. While giving me a peck on the cheek.

  "Oh, sure. I just have some potion assignment I need to get over with first."

  "I don't understand why you even do them. I swear you're like another Hermione." George joked.

  I rolled my eyes. "George you know I have to be on top of my schoolwork. My mom will kill me if she finds out I've been failing anything. She threatens to tell my dad but hecould care less." I said lowly trying to hold back the clear anger in my voice.

  "Where is the old guy anyway these days?" He asked while biting into an apple.

  "Who cares? He's dead to me." I whispered to myself.

"What?" Ron asked while biting into his chicken. Gross.

"Oh I just said I don't know."

"Well, we'll always be here for you
Y/n. You know that." Hermione reassured.

And it was true. They became my family. I hadn't had much contact with any of my family back in New Orleans ever since my dad disappeared. I remember the day my mom told me he had fled.

I was hurt. How could he randomly take off like that? It was nothing new I guess. From all the stories Uncle Marcel told me, it was expected.

  All of a sudden, my phone started ringing. That's weird, we're all at lunch so who could be calling?

  "No phones allowed during lunch Miss Mikaelson." Snape lectured.

  "I'm sorry professor, I don't know who's calling. Allow me to just answer it please?"

  "Make it quick." He snapped.

  I quickly nodded and took out my phone.

  "Who is it Y/n?" Hermione asked.

  "Holy shit."

                 DAD is calling...