01*

Every chapter that has triggering content will be marked with a *

" You can't change someone who doesn't see an action in their issue"

-March 21, 2021
-2:38 PM

"Hi, Ms.Saliem."

 Solana greeted as she stepped into the peach-colored house. Taking off her shoes at the door Daniela gave her a tight-lipped smile as a greeting since she was occupied by the phone pressed to her ear. 

"Is Kai here?" she asked rather quietly

Without a word, Saliem pointed her finger towards the closed oak door. Inhabit, Solana knocked on the door before entering. The smell of booze and hardcore drugs hit her nose making her hold back a slight gag. 

"Seriously Kai you need to clean this room."

Solana complained as she kicked a pair of dirty pair underwear out of her path. Solana made her way to the blackout curtains and yanking them open in an attempt to wake the seventeen- year old girl out of her slumber.

The sudden sunshine made Solana squint her eyes in discomfort as she turned around to see the girl still sleeping.

 "Kaidence Nicole Kingston" she called to her.

 "Dude seriously get up I wanna do something before my parents make me go on this stupid date."

 As a last resort, she knelt onto the bed and shook Kaidence violently back and forth. Still, there was silence between the two. The feeling of worry laid in the pit of Solana's stomach as Kaidence hadn't even groaned or even made a movement to get up. Ripping off the covers only to be met with a sight that made her let out a loud shriek. 

"Oh my god!" Solana said as she saw a white substance crowding the corners of Kaidence's mouth. 

"Kai!" She positioned Kaidence's head on her lap. 

"Call nine-one-one." Solana shouted to Kaidence's mother. 

"Hey! Hey! Wake up!"She slapped her cheeks lightly. But unfortunately, Kaidence still remained closed as her breathing became shallower.

Saliem ran into the room in a panic. The sight before her made her drop the phone and run to her daughter. 

"Kai! No! No!" She shouted through her sobs. Saliem grabbed Kaidence's limp body and held her up to her chest in a motherly manner.

 "Call nine-one-one!" She yelled to her daughter's best friend. Solana did as she was told and dialed the number and had spoken with the operator fumbling over her words. 

"The paramedics are on their way."she tells the worried mother.

-Red Cross Hospital
-7:56 PM

Solana had paced the hospital hallways for hours her aching legs threatening to give out any moment. Biting her nails in an anxious manner until the tissue below the nail began to show. 

"Solana." Saliem's hoarse voice called out to her. 

"Come sit my love."