Part 2 - Sleep Over

Start from the beginning

"I really missed your Mom's cooking." Oikawa laughs lightly as he takes another bite.

"My Mom is really happy to see you." I say and Oikawa smiles.

================================================================================

"The rain hasn't let up and it's not safe to drive. Toru call your mother and tell her you are staying over. I am not allowing you to walk home in this weather." Mom says and Oikawa nods quickly before calling his Mom. Mom looks at me and I already know what she wants. I nod and grab a blanket and a pillow so he can sleep on the couch. When I come back Mom tells me Toru is getting ready for bed in the bathroom and that I should wait for him before I go to bed. 

"Goodnight sweetie." Mom pecks my cheek and goes to her room. Oikawa comes down and we sit in silence for a bit. 

"What happened to us Y/N?" Oikawa suddenly asks and I look at him in a weird way.

"We already had this conversation Oikawa." I sigh as I get up from my seat. "We just didn't work." I say quietly .

"We did and you know we were, no are, good for each other." Oikawa argues and I roll my eyes.

"Goodnight. If you need anything I'm in my room." I sigh as I walk upstairs.

I lie in bed and stare at my ceiling. When Oikawa used to come over he would sleep on the floor beside my bed. Somedays he would sneak up onto my bed and he'd wake up next to me. Tomorrow is a Monday after school  practice match with Karasuno and I  need to rest up but I can't sleep.

================================================================================

It's already 1 in the morning and I haven't gotten an ounce of sleep. I'm just going to sit on the porch. I get up quietly to make sure I don't wake anyone up and quietly unlock the front door and sit on the step.

Oikawa is probably right. We were so good together it was just the timing. He was busy and jealous of Tobio and I was distracting him. Every time we spoke we argued. In the first year of our relationship it was picture perfect. 

FLASHBACK

Toru and I are walking around the park.

It's been a while since Toru and I have had time alone. We are holding hands but it feels like we are so far apart. This isn't gonna work. I'm a distraction.

"Toru. I-I need to tell you something." I say quietly and let go go his hand, turning to him and I feel my lips quiver.

"N/N-chan? What's wrong?" He asks.

"This isn't working anymore. I-I'm breaking up with you." I sob quietly and Toru's eyes widen before he starts crying softly. 

"Wha- Why?" Toru pleads and I cry harder.

"We don't spend time together anymore and when we do we argue. I-I don't want to distract you from volleyball. Especially because your knee just got better . I don't want to make you unhappy. And I hate arguing with you every time we see each other." I explain, tears falling from my eyes and Toru cries softly.

"It's because of Tobio right?" He scoffs and I start crying harder.

"Whats Tobio have to do with this?" I laugh dryly.

"You know why." He says and I roll my eyes.

"This is exactly what I am talking about! We always argue. I don't want to argue anymore." I sob and Oikawa walks up to me and cups my face but I turn away.

"Please don't break up with me please, please Y/N! I love you so much." Toru sobs and I sob more.

"I'm sorry Oikawa." I cry as he grabs my hand and kisses it.

"No don't call me that." He cries into my hand.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Please don't hate me."  Hopefully I didn't make a mistake.

END OF FLASH BACK

"Y/N? What are you doing out here?" I turn around and see  a sleepy Oikawa yawn and drop his blanket on  my shoulders. "Are you crying?" He asks again and sits down beside me.

"No. Did I wake you? Sorry." I sniffle and I hear Oikawa sigh. I wrap myself up in the knit blanket that now smells like Oikawa. Just a little though.

"We both know we know each other too well. What's wrong?" Oikawa asks softly.

"I'm so sorry Oikawa." I sob as I turn to look at him and he panics.

"W-why are you sorry?" He asks quickly.

"I - just because we broke up d-doesn't mean we can't be f-friends right?" I say quickly. He looks at me thoughtfully  as he thinks of what to say.

"Sure. We can go back to ... normal. But I still love you." Oikawa says in a disappointed tone.

"I still l-love you but I think friends is the better option for us. Besides I don't want to distract you from volleyball. You do need to get on that Olympic team." I smile sadly at him.

"I won't force you into a relationship again but as long as you are in my life I'm happy with it. If you change your mind I'm waiting." Oikawa say softly and I feel my heart beat quicken.

"T-thank you....Umm.... Anyway how is Takeru?" I ask and I see Oikawa smile a little.

"He misses you that's for sure." We both laugh. "He keeps asking 'when am I gonna see N/N-nee?'" He laughs quietly  "Do you maybe want to take him to volleyball practice like we used to, but friends this time?" Oikawa asks softly as he looks at the night sky.

"Ya. I'd like that." I say looking at the night sky as well. Friends is what we should be.

Oikawa is a gentleman and no one can tell me different. Thanks for reading!