Part 30 - High school's End

Enjoy!

Y/N POV

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Y/N POV

2 (including this day) DAYS BEFORE TORU LEAVES

"I can't believe you are graduating." Mom says as she finishes doing my hair. Pinning in back. This doubles as my prom hair too after grad. 

"Neither can I." I say as I look at her from my mirror.

"Oh, remember tomorrow I'm gonna be leaving tonight for that business trip." Mom reminds and I nod.

"Mom."

"Yes."

"Thank you for helping me make my decision and everything else too. I love you." I say quietly. I hear Mom take a sharp exhale before giving me a hug.

"Thank you for everything you've done for me. I love you sweetie." Mom whispers, cupping my face.

================================================================================

Coach Irihata takes the stage ready to announce the student athletes or those who assisted awards for their efforts and years. He's nearing the end of his list volleyball being at the end.

"Hamada Akira, for best soccer player of the year." He announces and the clapping begins. "Suzuki Anzu, for best baseball player for the year. Haruka Asami for best track participant of the year."The applauds continue.

 "L/N Y/N for best manager of the year." Irihata announces with a smile and my eyes widen. I hear the cheers of the volleyball team, my friends , Mom and Toru applaud loudly as I walk up to Coach with a smile. Coach Irihata gives me a hug before handing me the plaque. 

"I'm glad you will be the new Coach." He smiles at me and I bow.

"Thank you so much Coach." 

"Just Irihata now! I'm retired tomorrow!" He cheers. I go to the side where all the others who won athletic awards this year and continue to listen.

"Finally. Oikawa Toru for best captain and best setter of the year!" Irihata finishes and everyone cheers. He is pretty popular. Him and Coach exchange words and he walks up to me and I give him a huge hug.

"I'm so proud of you!" I smile and Toru hugs me tightly.

"I love you, Love."

"I love you!"

The ceremony ends off with the Principal giving his final speech and the room erupts into cheers. High school is really done.

================================================================================

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

(NOT MINE - change colours with you want to.)

"W-wow." Toru gasps as he sees me walking down the stairs. My heart quickens as I see Toru in his suit. This boy really is handsome.

"I reach the bottom of the stairs and greet Toru.

"Hey." I whisper.

"Hey. You look really pretty." He whispers as he takes my hand and slips a (insert fav flower) corsage onto my wrist. 

"You look pretty too." I say as I pin his corsage onto his suit.

"Toru sweetie you look so handsome!" Mom says as she comes out of her room and places her suitcases by the door.

"Thank you L/N." She goes up to Toru and gives him a hug. "I won't be able to send you off but thank you for everything you've done for me and Y/N. Even if you are far away you'll always be welcomed into this home." Mom finishes and Toru smiles gratefully.

"I should be the one to thank you L/N." He says as he lets go of the hug.

Mom shakes her head and smiles. "Well the boys will be here to pick you two up and I'll be off." Mom says as she takes her suitcases and opens the front door and slips out.

"I love you two!" Mom says as she leaves. She's gonna be gone for 4 days on a business trip so I'm gonna be pretty lonely. I watch her drive off and I turn back to Toru.

"Takeru's gonna have to skip a few days of Volleyball cause I'm gonna be gone." Toru frowns and I giggle.

"Who said I would stop taking the boy?" I ask and Toru smiles before embracing me.

"I'm gonna miss you so much N/N-chan." Toru sighs and I hug him back.

"I'm gonna miss you too." I say as I lean my head against his chest. I really fucking love this boy and he's gonna be gone in 2 days.

================================================================================

I'm slow dancing with Iwa in a friend type of way. His arms around my hips and my hands on his shoulders and we sway awkwardly.

"You gonna be okay?" He asks and I smile.

"I'll manage. I'm just gonna miss him. We decided we would just be friends but - I don't know." I falter and Iwa looks at me apologetically.

"I know I'm not the most empathetic and I'm gonna be in Tokyo in the middle of April but I'm here if you need to talk AND I'm coming to Miyagi every weekend." He says and I smile.

"Have I ever told you how much I appreciate you?" I ask and Iwa smiles before shaking his head no. "Well I do. I'm here if you wanna talk too. I'm gonna miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you too."

"Ahem." Toru interrupts and shoves Iwa away. "My turn to dance with N/N-chan." Iwa doesn't argue this time. He just smiles and walks off.

I shake my head jokingly at Toru as I lean my hand on his chest and he wraps his arms around me. We sway side to side slowly.

"Thank you for the past 6 years." Toru whispers and I smile sadly.

"I'm sorry I have to leave." He frowns.

 I look at him sternly and drag him outside of the prom venue to the balcony. I lean my arms over the ledge and Toru does the same beside me as we look to the starry sky.

"Don't be sorry. You're gonna do amazing things Toru. I-I'm so happy that I was around to watch you improve." I smile as Toru cups my face. 

"I'm gonna miss you N/N-chan."

"I'm gonna miss you too." I whisper as I lean on his chest.

"'When I'm away date someone who can be better than me." Toru says and I shake my had.

"No one's better than you." I whisper. "I can't believe tomorrow we will no longer be a couple." I sigh and Toru hugs me tighter.

"Maybe if we're lucky, and the world works in our favour we'll be together in the end." He soothes and rubs my shoulder blades.

"Hopefully the world works in our favour because I don't know what I'm gonna do without you." I say.

"We are gonna be fine N/N-chan." Toru cups my face and our lips meet gently.

This night was so amazing but bittersweet non the less.

'ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛ /// ᴏɪᴋᴀᴡᴀ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ'जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें