eight

"[y/n] wake up..." You heard a knock on the door, followed by Maki's voice.

"Ikura." Inumaki followed, knocking on the door as well.

Finally, you decided to rise, rubbing your sore eyes open wide. You were greeted with the cold air coming from the air conditioner, instantly making you want to crawl back into your warm and comfortable bed, there with your stuffed toys.

"so... early... 7 am..." you said as you opened the door to Maki and Inumaki.

"It's 8. Mission at 9," Maki said, looking at you from head to toe. She realized that literally, you just woke up, seeing you with your blanket draped on your shoulders that reached the floor.

"early... come back later ... i sleep first..." your eyes were still closed with a frown on your face.

"Okaka... Tuna tuna." Inumaki said, poking your cheeks a few times, making you groan.

"Fine... I'll come out in a while." You said and closed the door after.

They remained standing outside your door.

"If she comes out, I swear to God you probably used a curse," Maki commented.

"Leaf mustard."

A thud was heard from your room. Maki looked at her watch; 5 minutes have passed.

"Ok, I'm ready." You said, opening the door to see them in the same position from minutes ago.

"Like I said Toge, you probably used a curse."

"Okaka."

"Hm?"

"Nothing. Let's eat breakfast, [y/n]."

_____________________

"Ohayo." Yuta greeted as the three of you entered the dining room.

"Ohayo." The three of you greeted back.

"Ah [y/n]. You're up. Mission at 9."

"I was informed. Why last-minute though?" you asked, taking a seat beside Yuta.

"Well... It technically isn't our mission..." Yuta said.

"Ah. Ah yes, Gojo-sensei's tough love for students. Ah yes." You commented, earning a click of the tongue from Maki and sighs from the rest.

The tatami door slid open. "Ohayo, senpais..." Megumi greeted.

"You're joining, Megumi?" You looked with wide eyes.

"Well, it's not like Gojo-sensei gave me a choice..." He said.

"Looking forward to working with you, Fushiguro-kun." Yuta said at the boy, earning a determined nod from Megumi.

"Please don't burden us." Maki commented, making all of us look at her with squinted eyes, except Megumi who was almost unfazed.

"Maki, you're being too mean," Panda whispered.

"I'm just being frank. We're not about to go on a mission with a newbie only for us to babysit him." Sometimes (well, maybe most of the time), Maki can be brutally honest and judgmental.

"I promise Maki-senpai, that I won't burden all of you. I came to Jujutsu High to prove myself after all." Fushiguro said, taking a seat beside Panda.

This made Maki smile a little, letting out a hum of approval. "I have a feeling that we'll get along."

____________________