Keefe got up first and offered her his hand. Sophie stared at it for a second before taking it. Keefe pulled her up and walked her over to her bed. Sophie sighed and snuggled in the blankets, resting her head on her pillow.

Sophie hesitated before looking up at Keefe. "Thank you, Keefe."

"Anytime, Foster. Goodnight." She could see a gentle smile on his face as her clicked off her lamp. "Sweet dreams." He said, closing the door lightly.

Sophie's dreams were anything but sweet. She dreamt she was still running though the woods. This time not only did she see her families dead bodies, she saw the Vackers and Keefe's.

Sighing, Sophie grabbed her crutches and made her way downstairs.

Della was in the kitchen, cooking. The smell of muffins wafted though the air and Sophie inhaled deeply.

Noticing the sound, Della turned around and smiled. "Good morning Sophie, I didn't expect you to be up this early."

"Yeah I went to sleep pretty early last night. Do you need any help cooking?" Sophie cooked a lot for her family when she was with them, it was mostly yogurt and fruit but still.

"Sure! Can you start on the fruit? They're all on the counter and the knifes are in that drawer right below it."

Sophie found the knife first and then started to cut into an apple. It was hard with her crutches but soon Della offered a chair to her.

A timer went off when Sophie was done cutting all of the oranges, apples, and strawberries. Her heart gave a small jolt at the loud sound. 

Looking over her shoulder, she saw Della taking out the muffins from the oven and setting them down in the counter top to cool down. I have to stop being so jumpy. She thought.

From behind her Della brought a bowl. "You can put the fruit in here." Della smiles at her and went back to the kitchen.

As Sophie scooped all the fruit in the white bowl she noticed Della sitting down across from her. 

"Sophie?"A strike of fear struck in her chest. Was something wrong? Did she do something? "Yes?"

"Me and Alden were talking last night and he wants to discuss somethings with you over breakfast. I just... wanted to let you know ahead of time to prepare you."

"Prepare me?" So it was bad. What did Alden want to talk about? Sophie thought back to all the things she did when she was here. Nothing she did was too bad.

Della sighed. "Alden wants to make sure that there is no one else out there that we can help, since we left you behind maybe there's others that we've missed."

"So... you're asking me if I know anyone out there?" Sophie has only ever ran into one person outside of her family when she was out there. He was by her old school and shooting a gun. Her dad had said he had probably gone crazy.

"We know you have been out there awhile now and you would have mentioned if you knew anyone but we need to know if you do, just in case."Sophie thought back to her time out with her family. There wasn't much people alive from the beginning, much less around here.

"Any friends? Maybe your family?" Della tried.

Sophie flinched. She didn't have many friends before all this happened. And now her family was dead. The only people she knew of weren't good. She'd prefer if Della and the others didn't know about them.

"Just think about it okay?" Sophie nodded even though she knew she would have nothing to tell them.

 "I'm sorry for asking you of this, I know it can be hard." Della got up and squeezed her shoulder reassuringly from behind her as she walked back over to the kitchen.