Cyber Love

“Addie, do you have to leave? It’s only four fifty-five!” Claire complained as I gathered my things.

“Yeah, I promised Rokkit I’d be on at exactly five.” I gathered my phone, iPod, and other materials I had brought over.

“Alright, I’ll text you later. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Claire hugged me tightly before letting me run to my loving home.

I hurried up to my room as the clock struck five. Rokkit was probably already online by now. It took at least a good five minutes to get my rusty computer to start up, which was  bad, very bad.

I immediately logged onto the website to see Rokkit had just logged on and was requesting a webcam chat with me.

“Hey there, sailor.” I said, commenting on the sailor outfit he was wearing. “What’s with the get up?”

“It’s for a photo shoot.” Rokkit explained, poking at his white and blue shirt. “So how’d your day go?” He asked, staring at me intently.

“Just great. My friend, Claire, the girl from last night, decided to give this a try and she found someone too, some guy named Josh. She hasn’t had a webcam chat with him though, they IM instead.

Rokkit nodded his head in an understanding way.

“What’s his name?” A little smile started to form on his plump pink lips.

“Josh Sullivan.” I stated.

“Oh really? Josh Sullivan is the name of the drummer in my band. I guess he took my advice and tried the website out. What a coincidence our friends got each other.” He chuckled slightly as he waved someone over.

“This is Josh.” Josh was just as good looking as Rokkit. “Josh, this is Adele,” I had to resist the urge to correct him. “Claire’s best friend.”

Josh’s brown eyes examined me closely. His eyes lingered on mine for a while longer before saying, “Where do you guys live?”

“Los Angeles.” I said, flipping my bangs out of my face. “You guys are really far away. Which completely sucks since I kind of wanted us to hang out.” I chewed on my lower lip subconsciously. I felt my self start to heat up as they stared at me.

“Dude, Los Angeles!” Josh slapped Rokkit in a friendly way. “We can totally make our big break happen if we move over there!” Josh’s face lit up.

“But it’s going to be ridiculously expensive to move all our equipment over there and we don’t even have enough money to pay for even a months rent of an apartment.” Rokkit reasoned. A frown spread across my face as he said that. I’d be stuck web chatting with him until they had money to come visit.

“Don’t worry, Rokkit’s planning on visiting you sometime in the future. Don’t get your hopes down, you’ll definitely see him soon.” Josh said, making me smile. “Speaking of which, is Claire there?” He looked around my background to see her not there.

“Actually, I just left her house.” I giggled as Josh face palmed.

“This is my face time with Adele, you go chat with Claire else where.” Rokkit pushed Josh away, pulling his computer closer to himself. I heard footsteps from the other line and then a door slam shut. “I’m sorry. Josh is a little…weird at times.”

“Don’t worry, then he’s perfect for Claire. She’s just like him.” I pulled a stray strand of blonde hair away from my face. “So, you have a band?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah, Josh, Mason and I all have a craving for fame and we plan to get it one way or another.” Rokkit flipped his hair to revealed his left blue eye.

“Is that why you are in a sailor suit?” I pointed to his outfit once again.

“Yup, our band’s name is Rocket Ship to the Moon. That’s exactly why I’m called Rokkit.”

“That’s very original.” I said to him, giggling. “So you are the lead singer?”

“Yup. Josh is drummer and Mason is the guitarist. Our bassist left a bit back so we are currently holding auditions for a new one.”

“That’s really interesting.” I said, looking at him in awe. “What kind of music do you guys do?”

“All kinds. We can do anywhere from pop to metal. Although we prefer to stick to pop and rock just because none of us are screamers.” Rokkit chuckled.

My bedroom door crept open to reveal my little brother with an action figure in his hand.

“Who are you taking to, Addie?” Max ran up next to me.

“Somebody.” I pointed to my phone. Claire had just texted me so the screen was light up.

“Alright, I’m going to go play with the neighbors. I’ll be back in an hour.” Max wasn’t convinced but left anyways.

Rokkit glanced at me.

“Who was he?” He raised an eyebrow in a playful way.

“My little brother.” I said. I grabbed my phone to see Claire’s text.

‘Addie, Josh is such a sweet heart! He emailed a valentines day card with an adorable saying!’

I sighed, remembering Valentines Day was only two week away and like I have for the past nine years, I’d be spending it alone.

“Adele, I have to go. My manager is phoning me. What’s your number? I’ll text you when I can’t make it on the computer.”

I quickly told him my number and he logged off just like that.

‘That’s so sweet. (: Do you want to go to the mall tomorrow?’ I replied to Claire’s text.

In less than a minute, she replied saying, ‘I’d love to! I’ll be at your house by ten.’

Claire loved the mall. Her favorite stores were those that carried designer apparel. She worked of course since her parents were in the same stated as mine. In fact, her family was just like mine. Except the fact that she had a nine year-old sister.

‘Awesome! I have to go pick up Max from the neighbors. I’ll see you tomorrow.’ I tossed my little flip phone on my twin sized bed. I could see Max playing with the neighbor’s son.

“Max! Come back inside, it’s getting late.” I hollered from my bedroom window. He nodded and said his goodbyes to the other boy before making his way to our home.

I brushed my hair before going to sleep, dreaming of Rokkit once again. Aberrantly he has been the only thing on my mind lately.

Maybe it was because he look familiar, or maybe I’m actually falling for him. I didn’t care right now.

-----

I GOT ON THE WHAT’S HOT LIST!

I was literally crying when I checked the stories reads in the morning to see I was in the 400s on the list :3

I just want to thank you guys by giving you this really quick/short update. Let’s get this to twenties! :3 So, yeah, that’s all I have to saw and thank you all who commented/voted on the other chapter!

Oh! Before I forget! My friend asked me to get her some readers for her story so….If you could please go check out her story….Her username is ColormeHappy. There is a bunch of Xs in it but I didn’t feel like typing them in.

Even if you don’t understand what they are about, just leave a comment…and SHHH! Don’t tell her I sent you XD