Chapter 1: A Lucky Misfortune

Jane woke up and got out of her bed the day had started and she braced herself for something bad that was bound to happen. Jane must have had the worst luck in the world. After she was done getting dressed she went to go and brush her teeth, however, when she got there and tried to brush her teeth her toothbrush was dead! So Jane just brushed her teeth while being dead. Then when she got downstairs she was pouring herself some cereal when she looked at the time on her phone and the time was 6:44. Jane had to be at the house to show it to people by 7:00! Her alarm clock must have been wrong! Jane stopped pouring her cereal and ran to the door to put on her heels. When that was on she grabbed her portfolio and purse, running out of the door. Then she noticed that it was raining so she quickly got inside and grabbed her umbrella. Then she walked to her car as she tried to start it and she noticed that the gas tank was empty.

"I don't have time for this, I'll just walk!" Jane yelled to herself. Jane opened her umbrella and then started to run to the house.

As Jane was running the rain got harder. Then halfway through the walk her umbrella broke. Then right as she thought it was all over she bumped into someone.

At this point it was raining so hard that Jane could not see that well. Sense Jane's umbrella had broken she was holding her umbrella and portfolio.

To make things worse when she bumped into the person her portfolio buckle broke and all her papers went flying everywhere. They all landed in a big muddy puddle. Jane at this point had given up and just looked up to see who she had run into so that way she could apologize before they yelled at her.

However, when Jane looked up she saw something she was not expecting. Jane saw her old coworker right in front of her. They used to be best friends when they were younger. They had both worked at a nearby In-N-Out burger.

They were like the best of friends, then Jane had to move for college, so they never saw each other again. They would text often but as time went by they little by little stopped talking to each other.

Jane was very surprised because her old friend was very handsome now and she would have not realized that it was him if she had not seen his smile.

His Smile was exactly the same as the last time she had seen him. At first, Jane just stared at him for a bit then she realized just how awkward it must be for him he didn't even know her. So Jane quickly said,

"Sorry, I didn't see you there." He just smiled and said back,
"No, it is totally fine." He was much taller than Jane now, he used to just barely be as tall as her. Jane could not resist to ask him the question that had been haunting her mind for the last minute. So she asked him,

"Hey I feel like I know you? Your name wouldn't happen to be Oliver, would it?" He looked down at her and nodded his head 'yes' cautiously. Jane was so happy. Jane quickly told him,

"Well, so that way you don't think that I was just some creepy stalker for the rest of your life. I will just say one sentence." Oliver looked totally confused as he waited to hear the one sentence that she was talking about.

"Hello and welcome to In-N-Out Burger How may I help you?" Jane said joking, she made a prissy face.

When they were younger they both had made funnie faces over the microphone but they would act better when the customers got to the window.

Oliver immediately recognized the face and tried to stop himself from laughing. Then Oliver asked,

"How can I be sure it's you?" Then Jane smiled and said,
"G-give me a quiz of course!" Oliver was still suspicious bet he agreed and then asked a million questions,