3PO and R2 both returned to the Temple once they saw Lorna off. They returned to Luke, who greeted them from his working desk, in his room. He was usually quite neat and organized, but just then, his working place seemed like a mess or a moving chaos rather than the optimal ground for a Jedi.

"I cannot believe I had to lie to Miss Lorna on her birthday, oh dear!" 3PO complained the second the door closed behind him and his friend.

"Thank you for that," Luke mumbled from his desk.

R2 was the first to beep some angry arguments up at his Master, starting up a detailed lecture about how lying to the girl that considers lying a crime was the least wise choice he ever witnessed Luke make.

"Stop judging me...," Luke frowned, mildly annoyed with his work and not bothering to turn around. "It's not my fault she gave me an amazing gift for my birthday and..."

His eyes stopped on that bracelet around his wrist. From the day she gave it to him, he never took it off.

"R2 might be right, sir," 3PO spoke. "Miss Lorna showed signs of anxiety at the idea of the bar gathering and she could use your presence more than that of a gift."

"And I will join her at the party," Luke sighed. He blinked some awakening into himself, then returned to work. "I just can't believe I didn't know about her birthday sooner!"

He dropped the screwdriver from his hand and turned around. "How did I not ask her?"

R2-D2 used some colorful language to find reasons for that, making poor 3PO gasp as he stared between the droid unit and Luke. The latter bowed his head, contemplating.

"I know it's important for her to be there, and I will join her," Luke said, concentrating on his words slowly. "But I really want to give her something that she will use and... remember me."

"Are you sure you are not too tired to finish this today?" 3PO inquired. "By my calculations, you haven't slept due to the last mission, and now the tiredness should make its way..."

"I'll be fine," Luke turned back to his work. "Thank you for the help with Lorna, you can go now. This won't take me more than hour.

"Where the kriff is Luke?" Han whisper-yelled his question at Leia.

"How am I supposed to know?" Leia whispered back with a narrowed glare.

"Well, I am not buying that upset tummy excuse of his," he frowned.

"As if I am," Leia sighed. "I think Luke's just upset about not knowing of the birthday sooner. We should have told him...," she slumped her shoulders a little.

"Well, we thought he knew," Han rubbed her back gently. "And where's that Jedi wisdom now? How can he fix things if he skipps her birthday entirely-?"

"You're right next to me and your whispers are louder than you think," Lorna called them out. The three of them, along with Chewie and the newly introduced friend of Han, Lando, crashed at the bar.

It was a corful Coruscant club that they decided upon for thay night. The music was loud and atmospheric, the lights flickers with neons. Lorna was actually enjoying the alcohol and the music, but her only friends decided to angry gossip instead of drinking as well.

Luckily for all these inexperienced people, Lando seemed to read the situation with much more ease. He also knew Luke as the absolutely smitted boy he met on his birthday.

Last he checked, Lorna skipped his party as well and it was no issue, so before well-meant Han and Leia could cause drama, he laughed his way into the conversation, wrapping an arm around Lorna's shoulders and stealing her drink.