"That is all from me," Mori stated as he turned back around to the agency members. "Dazai, the offer still stands for you to return to the executive team."

"No way," Dazai responded with a slight chuckle. "You're the one who kicked me out of the Port Mafia in the first place."

"Did you not quit because you wanted to?"

"You were afraid, weren't you?" Dazai looked from the ground back to Mori. "That I might someday aspire to take your position and put a knife to your throat. Just as you did to your predecessor." A smile grew across his face. "Evil expects evil from others. I don't agree to allying with you, either."

After a brief moment of silence, Mori turned away. "What a pity. Oh well." He began to walk away, stopping suddenly once again and turning back slightly—his eyes hitting (Y/n) as she furrowed her brows. "Miss (L/n), I believe one of our executives made an offer for you to join the Port Mafia a while ago. If he's not too upset about it, I suppose that offer still stands."

She didn't say anything, just maintaining her firm expression. She then let out a sigh, simply responding, "I decline. Again."

With that, the Port Mafia exited the meeting.

(Y/n) stood in the agency at one of the empty desks, she had her pistol laid out as she had two extra magazine cartridges set out to reload in later cases

(Y/n) stood in the agency at one of the empty desks, she had her pistol laid out as she had two extra magazine cartridges set out to reload in later cases. She went through each, checking them as she adjusted her belt and set the cases in small slots for each of them. She once again checked her pistol, putting it into her holster as she readjusted her coat.

"I know that rain jacket of yours is a signature," Dazai began as he walked over to her, causing her to look up from her pistol and holster, "but maybe you should go for something less rememberable when we go to extract Q. If my suspicions are correct, than a certain someone might be there as well."

"You think I should change into something else?" she questioned as she looked down to her jacket in boots. "I suppose I could pull out that other black jacket and boots pair I had packed away. I think it's a bit quieter than wearable rubber and less noticeable, if that's what you mean."

"Sure. That'll work." Dazai nodded slightly as she pulled off the jacket, setting it on the desk as it revealed her loaded belt and holster. "You seem prepared."

"I'm not risking it with the Guild," she stated as she kneeled down, grabbing her duffle bag from underneath the desk and setting it on top. "This is, I guess, the second time in a while I'll have to legitimately fight someone rather than shoot the hinges off of a dryer door."

"Which was an excellent shot, by the way," he commented, earning a quick "thanks" from the (h/c)-haired girl.

She pulled out the jacket she spoke about, pulling it over her black long-sleeve as it hid her belt a bit better than the raincoat did. She sat on the chair, pulling off her (f/c) boots as she reached in to grab the other pair—a more combat boot-like pair with laces.

"When Mori mentioned the other offer to join the Port Mafia, the one more directed at me, did you ever think that I would've said 'yes'?" (Y/n) inquired as she pulled on one boot, reaching over to grab the other before lacing them up. "I know that was a problem the first time, but what about the second?"

"Well, what were you thinking in that moment?" Dazai asked in response, taking a couple steps over and leaning against the desk she had her bag rested on top of. "What was running through your mind the second he asked that?"

She stopped after lacing up her right book, looking up as she leaned her elbows against her knees. She scratched her chin as she thought for a moment. She then answered, "I guess I was thinking about what happened after Chuuya asked me to join."

"When I had impeccable timing and rescued you from that awkward situation?" he questioned with a smirk, putting up his fist in the air as if he were some kind of noble knight. "I guess that is an admirable memory to look back on—"

"Not that one, you idiot." She cut him off, causing him to look back at her as he kept his fist in the air. "After we left the building, running off to Bar Lupin right as the moon was one of the few light sources above us." She sat back in her seat, resting her hands on her thighs. "When, you know..."

He dropped his hand, allowing it to hit against his leg as he traced his eyes along her features. His smirk had faded as well, his silence prompting her to lean down and lace up her left boot—finishing off the semi-new look.

"Alright," she began once she finished up, readjusting the sock underneath as she began to look up, "if we want to head where they're keeping Q, we should head out now—"

Just as she looked up, she felt a hand press against her cheek, gently but suddenly pulling her forward and tilting her head upward. She wasn't able to ask what he was doing as she was cut off by a pair of lips pressing against hers in a soft motion.

(Y/n) was shocked at first, clearly not expecting the tender motion—but that certainly wasn't to say that she didn't enjoy it.

After a moment, Dazai pulled away, leaning his forehead against hers as he said in a near-whisper, "I think I owed you that for a bit too long."

"No kidding." The two's lips met again, allowing her to sink more into the kiss as she used one hand to gently wrap around his wrist while the other rested on his shoulder.

She exhaled through her nose, enjoying the feeling that she had missed for so long. A brief moment that she was unable to forget from the first time it happened.

I've missed this.