4. Dead man walking

Harry Potter stood in a corner of the huge hall of Minister with a glass of wine in his hand. He was avoiding anyone and everyone. People have gathered in the Ministry to celebrate the first anniversary of the war.

"Harry." Kingsley made his way towards the young man. "Are you avoiding contact?" He asked with amusement.

"I don't like crowds." He shrugged at the Minister. "It makes me jumpy."

"I know. It must still be difficult to let your guard down."
"Do you blame me minister? I spent my entire life dodging death and lost Everyone." Harry said bitterly twirling wine in his glass.

"I thought I would find you with the Weasley's."

Harry looked at the Weasley's scattered through the hall. Arthur was standing Bill and Fleur talking with a muggleborn cursebreaker of Gringotts. Molly was with Percy, gleaming with pride as her son introduced her to an American diplomat. Fred and George were talking with a man, Harry recognised as an investor. Ron and Lavender were talking with Tonks and Remus.

"I don't want to steal their light." He smiled fondly at his family.

Kingsley nodded his understanding. "Have you looked for the child?" Though he was talking to him , he looked around to make sure no one was listening in on them.

"There are three students currently in Hogwarts who have born on an eclipse. Celine Parkinson, Rosemary Thomas and Mike Sewlyn.I have given the names to Minerva. She will keep an eye on them."

"Do you think you have time in your schedule to take some Duelling lessons in Hogwarts when the term continues? You can look after them on your own. It can be a monthly setting. Once class per month."

"Will I get extra pay?" Harry asked cheekily.

Kingsley laughed at this as he said , "Of course." Kingsley informed him of a woman named Thompson who had taken custody of the young boy. James Burke. Harry knew of Thompson she was a respectable employee in the DMLA. Harry took the leave of the Minister to go to Remus who was now standing alone as Ron and Tonks were having some discussion with Neville while Lavender talked with Parvati.

However, he was had just reached Remus when a familiar face greeted him.

"I remember you. You are Juliet's boyfriend right?" He asked. Harry remembered him as Lucas, the healer in St. Pritz. From the corner of his eye , he saw Remus listening in on them.

"How is your baby girl? I haven't seen her this month. Babies must be vaccinated I am telling you." He was saying.

"Remus!" He heard Fred pulling Remus away and breathed in relief.

"I will tell Juliet and bring her myself this weekend. Thank you for reminding Lucas." He said once Remus was out of hearing range.

"She is a strong woman." He said taking a sip from his glass.

"Oh, there is no doubt about that."

Later that night Remus cornered him in the kitchen of Grimmauld Place. Corner was a wrong term given that they lived in the same place but since he was avoiding the said man, he couldn't think of a better word. He was blunt when he asked what that was about and Harry lied saying the man had mistaken him for someone else.

Late November , 2000

Year passed since that incident and Harry sometimes felt Remus giving him weird glances. He would randomly pop questions about whether he had someone special in his life. He wasn't the only one though. Molly wanted him to get married and settle down. Often the Prophet published articles of his 'supposed affair with several witches'. Harry didn't care. He was in no hurry to settle down and marry someone. He was still twenty-one and had a lot of time before he considered having a family of his own. Besides he was the Vanquisher of Voldemort. He didn't think he would be in shortage of an option when time came.