3// Dinner

It's November 8th and you're deciding what to wear. It's cold, but you're not going to dinner with Dr. Hannibal in a sweater and jeans. When you're giving up, you think of something. Your mom actually has a friend that you hate, but she has good taste in clothes. What if she helped you?

You go down the stairs from your room to the living room, where you'll find your mother on the couch with Turkish tea in her hand. You sit next to her and she looks at you. "Mommy? You know that friend of yours who dresses very nicely?"You start asking questions and she nods. "Could you call her if she comes over? I need help with the dress selection because I don't know what to choose to make it look nice, elegant and.." You can't figure out the word, eh.. "Sexy?" Your mom says, and you start blushing like a tomato. Your mom smiles and drinks some tea. "Good.. But then you'll tell me the details of what you discussed, okay?"This time you will nod and hug her. While she's on the phone, you go into the kitchen and pour yourself your favorite juice.

Your mom came back with a smile on her lips. "She'll be here in ten minutes. incidentally... Do you like Dr. Hannibal?" As soon as you hear it, you spit juice and look all red at her. "Mom, he's my psychiatrist!" She smiles and approaches you. "Well? It's not illegal. And don't try to lie to me young lady, I can see it in your eyes," You look away and blush harder. "I knew it," Your mom walks back into the living room with a winning smile. 

You hear the bell and you go to the door where your mom's friend is standing. Her name is Jess, a blonde with an "innocent" temper and a pretty face. You can't even say hello and she's already standing in your house. You roll your eyes and close the door. "Jess, you already know why I wanted to see you, don't ya?" You ask her and she looks at you like you're some kind of goblin. (lol) .. "Would you help me pick out a dress for-" You can't even finish a sentence. "date? Sure, why not but I don't know if you have anything that looks even a little... you know," all red with rage, you try to smile and urge her to follow you. 

After about an hour of torture and constant insults, you're done. sincerely. It looks really great. She'd make a good fashion expert, but if she behaves so arrogantly, she probably won't find an exclusive job. You walk up to the mirror and you feel like you're going to some extremely expensive restaurant. You're wearing black beautiful cocktail dresses with a slight V neckline that matches your makeup. When you're happy with your looks, you look at the clock and your time goes perfectly. Your mother drove you to a big, beautiful house that looks like a castle. You turn to your mom, who compliments you on your looks and wishes you luck. When you say goodbye, you go to the door and ring the bell. Damn, you're so nervous when you start playing with your hands again. In about half a minute, the door opens and Dr. Hannibal is standing there in his suit. You haven't seen him in any clothes other than a suit, but this time he looks very handsome, too. Wait, what?

"You look beautiful," he compliments you and lets you in his house. You thank him and look around. It looks as beautiful as it does from the outside. Dr. Hanniball led you to a table where he brought food. "Wow, it looks amazing!" You smile at dr. Hannibal. He pours you wine and you both start eating. "So.. Dr. Hannibal-" he interrupted you. "Please, just Hannibal," he smiles and you go on, "all right, Hannibal... It's delicious, where did you learn to cook so well?" You started talking, and that eased the tension between you. You're actually having a lot of fun and you're not nervous anymore. 

When you've both finished eating, Hannibal took the plates and came back to you while you were looking at the paintings in the living room and drinking wine. He approached you and you stood there for a moment. You knew he was behind you but you didn't have the courage to turn around. You felt a hand playing with your hair. Not gonna lie, you liked it. Slowly you turned to Hannibal and looked into each other's eyes. "You know you have beautiful eyes?" He says softly, and you blush. If you stand there for about two minutes, you'll swallow and talk. "You-you have a very beautiful house, Hannibal. You live here alone? Like... Do you have any siblings or a girlfriend? I mean, if you don't mind me asking," you smile while he walks over to the picture on the dresser by the door. "Yes, I had a sister. But I don't want to talk about it, it's private... What about you, Miss Y/N? Do you have a boyfriend?" You were a little taken aback by the question. "N-no um... I didn't and don't have a boyfriend. Who would want a girl who's supposedly mentally disturbed?" You laugh nervously and look down at your feet. You just stand there for a while, and slowly your eyes start to water. You hear footsteps coming towards you and a hand lifts your chin up to look into the blue-brown eyes. "I told you to look into my eyes when you talk to me," gosh, so close! 

author's note:  I'm so sorry I don't publish chapters that often, which is why I wanted to make it up to you with a long chapter. I hope you're well because I'm not :((.

 -Ell.