"I -. I don't know Iwaizumi. I don't think Oikawa would be comfortable a-"

"Y/N. You 2 are gonna have to live with it. Just come. Maki and Matsun miss you too." Iwaizumi says and I sigh as I finish filling up the last bottle.

"Fine, fine. I'll come along." I agree and Iwaizumi takes the case of bottles and we head back into the gym.

"Ok! You guys should, maybe start doing some 3 on 3's. Who's been filling out the practice plan?" I ask myself as I look at the messily written volleyball training plans in my managing notebook I left behind when I came in last.

"I did." Oikawa says and my eyes widen as he comes up beside me. This is his stressed out and rushed style of writing. I saw when he wrote like this. He sprained his knee in the middle of our second year and when he would fill out medical papers for his doctors and physical therapists it was a sad sight. His brows would meet in the middle and tears would be stuck in his eyes, refusing to fall.  His writing is usually so neat and pretty.

"I'm sorry. You must have been juggling lots of responsibilities when I was away." I regretfully say as I glide my fingers over the writing. 

"No it's fine. I don't mind. You work really hard so it's the least I could do." Oikawa says before he takes a sip of water.

"Thank you Oikawa." I say as I look anywhere but his eyes. He frowns before nodding and walking off. 

This is gonna be a long year of uncomfortable conversations with my ex-boyfriend.

================================================================================

AFTER PRACTICE

"So am I getting everyone what they always get?" Oikawa asks. We are sitting in a booth by the window. I'm sitting by the window next to Maki, who's next to Matsun and in front of me is Iwa and then beside him is Oikawa.

"Please." Maki says and Oikawa nods.

"I can pay for myself Oikawa it's fine. Actually I can pay today. The least I can do for ditching practice." I say as I dig into my bag pack for my wallet. 

"No. It's fine I can pay I don't mind." Oikawa insists.

"Please it's the least I c-"

"Y/N. I got it. It's fine." Oikawa says and walks off. 

"You guys are so awkward now." Maki smirks and I put my head in my hands.

"I want everything to go back to normal." I sigh. In junior high Oikawa and I were such good friends I called him Toru before we were together but that stopped when we broke up.

"It's not gonna happen unless you guys talk." Iwa says blatantly and I frown.

"You're gonna be fine." Matsun says and I nod at him.

"Maybe I should just give my managing position to a first ye-"

"Why are you gonna give you managing position away?" Oikawa asks placing the bowls of ice cream on the table and sliding in back next to Iwa. After he asked that question everyone other than Oikawa and I give each other side glances.

"Nothing I was just saying nonsense." I say quickly as he slides me my bowl of ice cream. F/F (Fav flavour) ice cream with (insert toppings) what Oikawa normally got me on Sunday afternoon dates. I take a bite and I frown. I really do miss him even if I see him in Japanese Literature class on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.

"Thanks. How much did you pay?" I ask as I take a small bite.

"A secret." He says not looking at me. He sounds unsure.

"Ahem. Anyway Y/N, we have a practice match with Karasuno tomorrow so we might have practice late into the night." Maki says and I feel myself smile.

"I haven't seen Tobio in a while." I smile excitedly. 

"You still talk to Kageyama?" Iwa asks and I nod.

"Of course I do. He's like a little brother to me." I smile and Oikawa rolls his eyes. "What?" I ask in an annoyed tone to Oikawa.

"Nothing." He says and I scoff.

"Sure it is." I sigh as I take the last bite  of my ice cream.

"Do you guys wanna head home?" Matsun asks awkwardly, glancing at Oikawa and I. We all get up and leave. The walk home is full of Matsun and Maki sharing puns and sexual jokes and Iwa scolding them. Oikawa and I walk with them but we don't talk. We just glance at each other every so often.

We reach the corner where Iwa, Maki and Matsun leave Oikawa and I and they say their goodbyes and leave. As soon as they leave there is a crash of thunder. Great it's  raining hard again.

"I'll walk you home it's already dark out. Let's hurry up before it get's harder." Oikawa says as he takes off his jacket and puts it over us both to protect us from getting wet.  We are standing so close. My arm is touching his side while his arm is over my head. We start rushing to my house. 

"You're still getting wet." I say as I move his arm so it's more in the middle and the jacket covers us equally. I start to remove my jacket to put over me but Oikawa nudges me gently with his hip and looks at me softly.

"I don't want you to get sick." He says and we continue walking. 

We are sitting so close together but he feels so far away. I miss Oikawa Toru.

Oikawa's fangirls would be nice! Remember the one fan girl who baked for Oikawa??? I don't know why the fandom makes them so toxic.