"However," the little ghost girl continued, "you, Miss Martin, are able to tell the difference between dreams and reality. You must be able to do this, should you wish to help all of us... even Jimmy Hall."

I looked down, laughing and shaking my head, "This can't be happening... this can't be real. This only happens in story books!"

But my crazed reply went unanswered.

Amy Bell's spirit had disappeared when I looked back up again. I stood from my spot, heading into the bedroom portion of my room with some hope that I would see the next spirit like Scrooge had seen in "A Christmas Carol" or Amy departing through the wall. The room was empty, however, and Amy Bell's coin purse had also disappeared from the room. 

'The spirit of Amy Bell must've taken it with her,' my mind supplied as I prepared for the day.

Now, dressed in a heavy sweatshirt, jeans, and sturdy tennis shoes, I was waiting for something to happen in the auditorium. 

Originally, my thoughts had taken me to the strange man on the second floor - standing outside of room 217 and 218. Maybe he was the next spirit I would have to encounter, but the problem was this: Amy Bell had appeared to me twice. Did this mean I was going to have to trigger something in order to see him for that second time, or would I have to find something like I did with Amy and her coin purse?

My stomach let out a loud growl, reminding me that it was empty after everything that went down this morning. I would need to get breakfast at some point, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to call a taxi to go into town - especially now that it seemed that I had a reputation as "The Visitor of the Sea View Hotel."

The doors to the auditorium opened, causing me to look up toward them.

Mr. Hall was pushing them open, as no one used the area anymore it would be the last place to clean before preparing for the remainder of the day, and propping them open with the little door stoppers. 

"Good morning, Mr. Hall," I called toward him - better to make my presence known now than later.

His head snapped up and a wide friendly grin covered his features, "Good morning, Miss Martin! Pleasure to see you - though you're up a little early..."

"I had a bit of a rough night," I admitted.

Mr. Hall came over, standing beside the table I was currently sitting, before asking, "Is everything alright? Was the bed not comfortable enough? I know this old furniture can be a bit harder compared to more modern designs."

"No, just had a nightmare I guess," I lied, "and just couldn't get back to sleep."

"Apologies for that."

"What do you have to be sorry about? You didn't cause them."

"I always apologize for little things, Miss Martin," Mr. Hall chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his head and causing the same bowler hat to fall forward a tad bit, "It's sort of a habit that I've picked up over the years - especially after my mum passed."

"I'm sorry to hear about that," I spoke, though I had an idea she was deceased - probably by this man's hands as well.

"She was... quite a woman," Jimmy blinked hard, "My apologies, memories are always brought up when I mention her."

"Well, if you're interested, I'd like to hear about her," I admitted.

In Amy's memories of the woman, she seemed like someone who cared very much for her family and was always there - even if her son was a bit... strange. Maybe I could find out a little bit about her in order to get in contact with her spirit.