Namjoons fingers had absentmindedly gotten caught in the hair falling from the mess you called a bun on top of your head. You winced every so often when his long nimble fingers would get tangled in, pulling at your tender scalp. But you kept quiet, not wanting him to feel bad. He truly was your gentle giant.

Your eyes gazed down to the dainty wedding set sitting beautifully on your left hand. In the day time it sparkled and shined and Namjoon liked to say as pretty as it was in the light, your eyes had always been brighter.

You'd only been married for a few weeks, just getting back from your honeymoon off in the middle of nowhere. You hadn't chosen an actual destination, just drove and took random boats until you were content in some tiny town where the houses were spaced out and private from one another.

The quiet beauty was a heavy contrast from the busy city you had both been so used to. So there on your honeymoon, layed in your hotel bed, staring at the seemingly cheap light fixture you decided. You wouldn't be going back to the city.

And that's how you got your cottage. An elderly woman was selling hers after her kids decided she'd be better off in a home where she could be watched after and cared for.

When you had spoken to her daughter on the phone about buying the little cottage she had informed you that her Mother was looking for an olde couple, someone she knew would be able to take care of something she had and love it like it deserved.

You asked if you could meet her Mother, which she hesitantly agreed to. A week later you both drove out into the depths of the woods, hand and hand, amazed that the sun shone so brightly the farther you went.

It was love at first sight the moment you stepped out of the car. Namjoon could see the love in your eyes as you admired the little home. After meeting the woman and explaining that you had just gotten married and were looking to settle down somewhere small and quiet she had agreed. Quickly telling the two of you she would sell.

She had said that you reminded her of when she was young and in love with her late husband who had worked tirelessly to build the house you stood in. She trusted and believed that you would love and take good care of her home.

And nothing had felt more right than being married to the man of your dreams as clumsy as he was, living in a cluttered little house with boxes stacked to the ceilings and you truly wouldn't have it any other way.

Namjoon was so distracted by the lines in the book he hadn't noticed you staring at him or  you falling asleep until his clumsy fingers had let go of the book, losing his page. He grumbled to himself in annoyance, shuffling to get the book off his lap and in result almost flipping the swing over.

"Did you see what page I was on?" He mumbles to you, repositioning the glasses on his nose, expecting you to help him out as he skimmed through the yellowed pages. "Y/N?"

Looking down he was finally met with your peacefully sleeping face, cheek squished against his bicep with a slight puddle of drool in the corner of your mouth.

He eventually tore his eyes from your features, catching himself blushing like he'd never admired your beauty before. He was truly head over heels in love. He knew you sometimes doubted yourself and had mentioned to him on multiple occasions that you'd been scared he'd fall in love with someone "better" which he found ridiculous.

Before you he had thought it to be funny how people were only attracted to the person they were with. He didn't understand how one person could be better than everyone else he saw. He'd saw girls prettier than his exes while being with them, as loyal as he was. But with you? He finally understood.

You held such ethereal beauty inside and out. He swore up and down you weren't real and that one day he'd wake up form his perfect dream life and you'd be gone. You always blushed and brushed it off as him flirting and trying to boost your confidence but he genuinely meant it. There was not a single person in the world that could make him look at them the way he looked at his wife. The way he felt for his wife.

He truly, truly loved you with his whole being and he know that feeling was strongly reciprocated. As far as soulmates went, neither of you really believed in it but after watching you sleep so happily in his embrace he though maybe it was possible.

So he stopped fussing over the book, knowing it was going to be read again anyway and set it aside. He was too tired to carry you both across the small distance to your bed, afraid he'd drop you or bang your head against a doorframe. So instead he pulled the blankets tightly over the both of you and let the candles burn (not the best idea for him but whatever), nuzzling his nose against the shell of your ear and whispering, "I love you".

-

This was my first BTS imagine/blurb, whatever you wanna call it. I'm sure there are grammar, spelling and plot errors in this but I'm too tired to look through. I'll try and get through the others later. ❤️