~ Chapter 1 ~

Chapter 1: Wait a minute—!

Joseph POV:

I carried my jean covered legs up and over the fence bordering up the school walls. Late. Once again, I'm late. Why am I not surprised...? I really need to get my alarm fixed. I rolled my eyes so high up that I thought they were going to be stuck up there for a while.
I made my way to the back of the school ready to sneak in for 11th time this month. I sped towards the ks4 hall and immediately migrated to the common area. That's when I saw her.
..
Her Sepia brown skin shone under the sun, as she laughed with a boy, who I assume is her friend...God I hope it's her friend, her dark ebony dreads moved with her body while the clip rested on one of them was clinging on for dear life.

She wore a peach sweatshirt and surrounding her neck laid a necklace with a purple pendant on it. Her full lips glowed a brownish black colour and boy did I want feel them. Her slightly slanted eyes were full of life as they opened up for me to see a darkness that I could stare at for days on end.

I let out a breath that I didn't even realise I was holding when she tilted her head in my direction. I immediately turned my head down and back at the movie playing on my phone. How could I just let my myself go like that...? She just a girl. Wait a minute..No. I squinted my eyes to see her VP badge. No..She's just the Vice President. No big deal. Sigh. Even if something were to happen it could only be a friendship or something. Sigh.

Willow's POV:

"Hey Ezekiah!" I exclaim as I wave excitedly at him. His curly hair styled in a shoulder length afro, which I love so dearly.

His chiselled jawline turns soft as his lip curl into a smile. His dark brown eyes meet mine; He's holding a basketball of course while wearing a basketball jersey to try his hardest at hiding his crippling queer — a secret that only I have been entrusted with..
"How your boyfriend doing, Sir?" I whisper jokingly in his ear.
"Shhhh!" he hisses as he looks around cautiously but the only people who are there is Cleo — our old best friend, we could've great together but I guess somethings aren't meant to be.

Her kind of yellow, green cat like eyes pierce through my soul yet she still manages to looks ethereal due to the sunlight highlighting each freckle adorned perfectly on her face.

Before I could stop it, laughter was spilling from my mouth as I remembered my best friend's reaction to my question. "Ez-Ezi-AHAH." Soon enough both of us were laughing like dogs and I was basically rolling around on the floor at this point.

Suddenly I feel someone's gaze lingering behind me, I whirl around and that's when I see him. We stare at each other briefly but it doesn't last long because all of a sudden, he's way more interested in his phone's screen, so I decide to divert my attention back to Ezekiah, Who's now talking basketball lingo, though he knows I have absolutely no interest in the topic whatsoever.

My mind wanders back to that boy who I've never seemed to notice before.
I tilt my head back in his direction to see that he's gone. 'That was weird...' I thought... yet quite interesting...
..
By the time I had gotten through the school gates I completely forget about that boy, I have no idea what was wrong with me, it's not like I've never met a boy before, my best friend is one, for God's sake...! So, what in hell makes this one so special...?

I carry on into the school laughing and giggling about something Ezekiah had said 5 minutes ago. I pulled out my time table and all previous excitement and happiness quickly evacuated when I come across my first lesson — period 1. The worst lesson ever. Math. It's the most pointless subject ever, I could write a whole essay on that. I promise.

"Willow Shih?" Miss Bashir calls out...

"Present!" I answer practically yawning, our usual teacher (Mr Fyumeyn) isn't in today. In conclusion, Ezekiah's worst nightmare because...

"Um...Err... Ezeekain? Eezy? Ezya?" She calls out to Ezekiah. I turned to my best friend as his face scrunched up in disgust.

"Ma'am, its Ezekiah. As in," His fingers melded into quotation marks besides his head, "Eh-Zee-Kay-AH!" He says politely, yet I can still hear the hatred in his voice.

"If one more fucking teacher mispronounce my name. I'm gonna..." He proceeds to make a very violent gesture in the air.

"Stop that!" I hiss at him slapping his hand so the teacher doesn't see. It seems today is just a day of bad luck for me. Sigh.

"MISS SHIH, NO HITTING IN THE CLASSROOM, DETENTION TODAY — AFTER SCHOOL!"

"WHA-! But Miss, it wasn't me.!" I protest but she doesn't want to listen to word I say while my so-called 'best friend' was laughing hysterically at me, I shoot him a look that immediately shuts him up and hold my head in my hand the whole lesson in pure frustration and outrage.

How could this day get and fucking worse?!

Ezekaih's POV:

I waltzed all the way back home not even aware that my legs were moving, I can't believe I got Willow in trouble...again! I know it seems like I don't care but I really do.

I let out an audible sigh as I dropped myself onto my be and let myself sink into the mould my mattress made around my body..."Babe...? What's up...?" I quickly shot my head to see my boyfriend towering over my bed..."Noen?"

I looked at my boyfriend in adoration...his earrings moved in time with the wind from where he was sitting on my window sill. His messy brown hair blew to the right as the metal around his peachy-pink skin made an annoying ass sound, yet the necklace kept his neck visible and Jesus Christ, he's so damn hot...!

I continued to stare at this insanely perfect boy when a smirk etched its way onto his bow-shaped, rosy lips. "So..are you going to tell me what's wrong or are you going to continue to drool on your mattress?"

Willow's POV:

For fuck's sake. How could demon spawn, Ezekiah let me get detention?! My parents are going to murder me...! Sluggishly, I walk over to the detention room and I see him again...is he stalking me or what?

His glasses layed in his freckles nose and once again his eyes met mine but didn't tear away this time... I decide to take a seat next to him and hold out my hand. We only had five minutes till this drag starts, so I had to do this quickly.

"Hi...my name is Willow Shih, though, you probably know that already. I am vi-!" He cuts me off as quickly as I introduced myself to him.

"Joseph. Joseph...uh..." He looks down towards my hand and back up to my face. "I'm Joseph Santiago." He says. I immediately pull my arm back.

Hello Joseph...