╰➢ arrows and apples

Start from the beginning

She peeked in his cup. "I wouldn't be so sure of that."

"Found it." Aurora announced, opening the book further so she could read it properly.

"Arrow. The arrow is a symbol of direction. It denotes that caution is required." she began. "There is a sign of difficult news on the way. This symbol is also connected to hearing some favourable news. It is important to understand the exact positioning in your teacup and the direction to which the arrow is pointing."

"Well, what direction is it pointing?" Nicole asked curiosity, now invested.

"It's pointed down." Aurora stated, looking back into the book. "If your arrow points towards the top of your teacup then this indicates that you are likely to have a progressive and happy love life.... uh oh."

"What?" Nicole leaned over to take a peek at the book, but Aurora snatched it away from her and continued to read on her own. "If the arrow is pointing towards the bottom of your teacup then this indicates that you are likely to move into a difficult situation in the near future."

Nicole let out a scoff. Divination. What a load of rubbish.

"Ooh! Ooh!" Aurora suddenly squealed. "You said you saw an apple in mine, right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I'm starting to think divination is not a load of rubbish." Aurora grinned. "More people now live to over ninety and this omen appearing means that you have a happy and content life in the future. An apple signifies good health, happiness and rejoicing. It promises that romantic dreams will be realised." she read, slamming her book to face Nicole with a smug smile.

"I'm getting into a difficult situation. There's no way that's real." Nicole pointed out.

"And I'm succeeding. Sounds right, doesn't it?"

Nicole was about to say something until Proffesor Trewlaney let out a scream.

"Oh, my dear boy. My dear you have the Grim." Trewlaney managed to stutter out. Harry looked at the woman in surprise, not really liking how all the attention was now on him.

"The Grin?" Seamus asked. "What's the Grin?"

"Not the Grin, you idiot. The Grim." Bem, one of the Gryffindors Nicole knew mumbled from beside them. "Taking form of a giant spectral dog. It's among the darkest omens in our world. It's an omen.. of death."

"Looks like Harry is dying again this year." Nicole teased, poking her friends cheek. The boy seemed to have a worried look on his face, and the fact that Ron started to talk didn't help.

"You don't think that Grim thing's got anything to do with Sirius Black?"

"Honestly, Ron!" Hermoine exclaimed as Nicole, Harry, and Ron decided to walk ahead. "If you ask me, Divination's a woolly discipline. Now, Ancient Runes, that's a fascinating subject."

"You have ancient runes?" Nicole stopped walking, looking at the girl in confusion. "Exactly how many classes are you taking this term?"

"A fair few."

"Hang on. That's not possible. Ancient Runes is in the same time as Divination." Ron noted. "You have to be in two classes at once."

"Don't be silly. How could anyone be in two classes at once? Broaden your minds. Use your Inner Eye to see the future!" Hermoine mocked their professor, which made Nicole giggle. They then walked over to Hagrid's hut for Care of Magical Creatures, which unfortunately, was with the Slytherins.