The Connoisseur and The Businessman

Start from the beginning

Win caresses Pear's head, "Well done, honey!"

***

Bright's tour is only 2 weeks away. He's currently at his manager office, sorting everything out as well as checking the possibilities when Win and Pear can join him.

"The last two shows are possible," Dim states, "I'd do that if I were you. First, the last day is always the safest to bring family and friends,"

"And you're in town," Toptap adds.

Bright nods, "But it means, I won't be seeing them for almost 40 days."

Toptap and Dim stares at each other, they're not used to seeing Bright being a clingy baby like this.

"Well... tour bus is not the best for a chef and a baby," Dim grins.

Bright let out a big sigh, "I don't want to be away from them,"

Dim smirks, "I never thought I'd be still alive to witness your gay ass, Bright!"

Toptap burst into laughter while Bright throws his popcorn to Dim.

***

Bright wakes up before Win and surprisingly before Pear's morning cry. He softly kisses Win's forehead, staring at his boyfriend's ethereal face. He lands another kiss next to Win's small mole near his lips while his boyfriend is still asleep, unbothered. He gets up from the bed and makes his way to the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth. After freshen up himself, he walks toward the nursery and surprises to find Pear is already awake, sitting on the crib and playing with her plushie and pacifier.

"Papapapa!" she smiles happily as soon as she realises her Papa is standing on the doorway.

Bright caresses her head and kisses her head twice, "Good morning, sunshine. How's your sleep?"

She giggles and stands on the crib, arms up in the air asking to be picked up, "Papa,"

"Come here. Let's change your smelly diaper. Shall we?"

Bright gently lays her on the changing table, takes off her onesie pyjamas. He then starts cleaning her bottom with a wet tissue.

"You know, my manager says I smell like a baby powder now," Bright talks softly to the baby girl who stares at him seriously.

"Papapapa,"

Bright nods, "I know! It's not weird, is it? Baby powder actually smells nice." he continues to talk.

"I'm going on tour soon, pumpkin." Bright caresses the baby girl's head, "You stay home with Dada, okay?

"Dada?"

The singer nods and smiles, "Yes, Dada. When he's at work, you play with Pam. She's a nice girl,"

"Dadadada,"

"I know you want to be with Dada all the time, sunshine," he stares at Pear who's staring at him with her big round eyes, "Me too, but he has to work. He loves his job so much, just like I do,"

"Mm..." the baby mumbles.

Bright lands a kiss on her forehead, "We're gonna work hard for you, Pear. Papa gonna work so hard for you so you don't have to worry about anything, okay?"

"Papa,"

"What do you want to be when you grow up, Pear?"

Now Bright wipes her face with a warm towel, "Your mum was a very good cook, do you know that? Just like Dada."