What am I? Uncle Bright?

Start from the beginning

"Oh," Bright sighs, "Did they find out who's the man?"

Toptap shakes his head, "Nope. My ears have been ringing because of a million phone calls. We need to make an official statement soon before it goes crazier. I already rescheduled some of your magazine interviews. If I'm being honest, this situation is not looking good for you,"

"Yeah, well..." Bright grins, "Sorry?"

The manager chuckles, "For what? Being an angel?"

"For ruining your peace," Bright smiles.

"I never know peace since I became your manager," Toptap rolls his eyes, "Anyway, let's try to keep this way, yeah? It's good that they didn't know about Win and Pear... yet,"

Bright nods, "I told Win about all of this last night, he said, he's okay with that as long as it won't harm Pear. I mean, I don't want to see her face on any magazines, tabloids, news and such. I don't want her to be seen,"

The manager nods in agreement, "We'll make sure of it,"

"And Tap,"

"Hm?"

"Is it possible to take Pear with me on tour? I mean, when I'm in the local area."

The manager frowns, "Why? Bright, you literally moving from one city to another, running to catch flights or stay on the tour bus for hours. She is a baby!"

Bright stares at the ceiling, his thoughts wander to everywhere, "I just... I can't leaver her alone. Win is gonna be so tired taking care of her alone, he's gonna be so stress and—"

"Wait, hold on!" his manager cuts off, "Are you talking about Pear or Win?"

Bright blushes, "Both, I guess."

Toptap put down the iPad on the coffee table and stares at him with eagle eyes, "Are you... like, have a crush on Win?"

It doesn't take a long time for Bright to answer his question, "I always like him. Now I'm starting to fall deeper,"

***

Win is currently baking his famous Galette des Rois for today's special order. He can hear Pear's crying voice from his office even when he's in the kitchen. She is crying and screaming even when Pam is bouncing her or playing with her and it's been hours.

The pastry chef can see how his employers are also fully aware of the noises, although no one said anything, with his sister's mood swings and some of the employers exchanging glances, he knows this is not how the ideal work environment supposed to be, at all.

He puts down the whisk, "Fong, can you take over from here?" he calls his assistant and the guy nods.

Win takes off his apron and half-running to his office. Pam looks worn out, pretty understandable because Pear has been crying and screaming nonstop for hours. She was okay at home, even laughing and being very playful at breakfast. She was perfectly fine when Bright left to work. She started crying when Pam got home and took over from him.

Is it because of Pam? Pear doesn't like her?

"I'm so sorry," Pam looks about to cry when Win opens the door and quickly takes her over, "She seems annoyed with everything."

Win nods, "It's okay, Pam." he caresses Pear's little head, "Sshh, I'm here now." and magically, Pear stops crying. Of course.

"Do you want to come with me to the kitchen?" Win asks in a soft tone, "Baking?"