Unforgotten Memories

[Author's note: Hello everyone and thank you all for the 9.4k views on this story. I have been on a long hiatus due to my life changes and having that I am working on my mental health.]

The next day, the plan was in process the moment everyone woke up and got the day started as Garfield and Rachel had very little time to cherish their engagement, Garfield took on missions with the team when Rachel didn't need him unless she wanted his input on things they would both like for the wedding day since she requested fewer missions so she can focus on getting things prepared so her and Garfield didn't stress over it later on. On Garfield's days off, he and Rachel would look at wedding bands for each other as a couple so they can compare and contrast what they were looking for.

The wedding day was a year away, they planned it on Halloween since Raven didn't want to do it in Spring. It has been a tough year for both of them going on dangerous missions and small arguments. The constant tabloids of getting false information about their relationship or just to get teammates to go against each other. One day they were having small planning for the wedding until Garfield pulled Rachel to the side and asked her if she was willing to commit to this due to all of the struggles they have gone through and had the team go through as well.

Rachel (Raven): "Yes Garfield, I am willing to still go through this wedding planning with you. Doesn't matter what we go through and whatever obstacles stand in our way. I don't see myself growing old and gray without you. I'm not going to let small things get in our way to being your wife and having a life together."

Garfield tried not to tear up as his heart fell as Rachel pour her heart out to him. They both have had their nights filled with deep conversations while one of them was drinking late at night to the point where they both understand their positions in the relationship. Days pass by like a breeze and the wedding day creeps closer... But Garfield wanted to surprise Rachel for her 22nd birthday, as much as she HATES surprises, Garfield wanted this one to be special. He went out to town to grab her favorite snacks and the newest books that were recently released that she had her notifications on her phone to keep her updated on their release dates; since Rachel and Starfire went to multiple wedding dress stores to choose the one. There were moments when they almost bumped into each other but Garfield brought a large duffle bag to hide the gifts so they wouldn't fly away and leave evidence behind. As he acquired the gifts and went quickly to their bedroom back at their house to get them all wrapped up before she came back home and cleaned up the massive mess afterward so he can hide them where she can't find them. Each gift included pictures of their anniversaries and dates after they had been rescued from the lone island that blossomed their relationship, to their past birthdays, to the prank war photos they took of each other; even included love letters and love poems to her he made back when they were stranded that he managed to save from water damage.

Rachel has been having a little bit of a difficult time with getting Garfield's gifts well hidden since they had to work together on the wedding. She had gotten all of the newest shoes and graphic tees he would love with autographed comics that he had collected since they came back and the ones he had bought before being stranded on the island. The only thing she had left to do was to try on wedding dresses with Starfire. After she got Garfield's gifts very well hidden, she texted a group chats with Starfire and Robin, since Cyborg couldn't keep a secret with Garfield, that she was ready to head out and needed Beast Boy distracted. Once they got Garfield out of the house, Rachel and Starfire raced over to her car and drove off to find that dream wedding dress that Rachel wanted walking down the isle. As they parked the car in the rear parking lot of the Cocomelody, they enter the back the manager quickly locks the front of the store and turns the sign from "open" to "close" since Rachel and Kore called a few weeks ago for a private viewing of the dresses. The dresses that Rachel and Kore had requested to try on were the Grace, Joyce, Quinn, Carmen, Ana, the Lena and the Harlow; luckily they had brought their black heels before leaving. Once they tried all of the requested dresses, Rachel came down to the Quinn for the alter when she and Garfield are saying their vows to each other and the Harlow for the ceremony. As for Kore, she chose the Grace and Joyce for her maid of honor dresses. After purchasing the dresses and packing them in the back seats of Rachel's car, they drove back to Rachel's and Gabriel's apartment and stashed her dresses in her meditation room's closet, and went back to the Titan tower to practice their makeup looks for the rehearsal dinner.

(For context: Cocomeldoy is an actual store and I would like to give the store credit for the dresses they had on their website.)

(The next chapter may take longer than expected, I'll be making a longer chapter since I'm barely getting back to the groove of writing after the long hiatus, I also want to thank all of my viewers, we have reached 11.6k at 267 votes!! I appreciate every single one you all reading this slow masterpiece becoming more than just a series. I will be active on Instagram, sadly I got hacked and had to start fresh, but that wont stop me! New Instagram: momma_panda96 until next chapter, see you all soon!!)