I scowled and took my white gloves off just as the science teacher came to stand in front of us with frizzy hair, eyes blazing with anger.

We stood up quickly, Jaxon biting his lower lip to stop his laughs while I just looked at her uneasily.

"You've ruined my science lab." She all but shrieked, gesturing around the room. My mouth fell open at the mess. No one was present in the room anymore but from the shattered windows and alarm I knew why.

Didn't know it was that bad.

"You'll be paying for the expenses, both of you. See me in the principles office." Miss. Metheny stormed out of the room, muttering incoherent words to herself.

"Shouldn't we get out-" I began, noting the still loud fire alarm but stopped when I looked at Jaxon who was pulling pieces of glass from the test tube that had exploded out of his neck.

Shit. Now I've already nearly killed someone.

I rushed over with my brows knitted together and grabbed his hand, stopping him from pulling another piece out. I looked at the small wounds and sighed.

I looked around the messy classroom and picked up a first aid kit from the cupboard, grabbing the tweezers and thinking about my life if I went to jail for ruining a science lab and killing someone in the process.

"It's not that bad." He acknowledged the blood but I shook my head.

"Still, I dragged you into paying for the costs." I said and he chuckled, shaking his head while leaning back against the table.

I began pulling out the pieces of glass, using the antiseptic wipes and trying not to accidentally make the glass hit an artery or something. Why am I making such a big fuss, it's just some small pieces of glass?

I looked up at Jaxon once I was finished to find him looking back at me and held in a breath.

I don't like that look.

Yeah but you're returning it.

No I'm not, he has a girlfriend.

Who even brought up that subject.

No, wait, why am I even thinking about this. It's probably just the after effects of today's events.

He glanced into the mirror and pulled out a piece of glass I missed, wiping the blood away with his thumb. Why is this even happening? He looked back down at me for a moment before leaning in closer. I was confused for a moment but soon realised that he wasn't the only one. He finally closed the space between us and our lips connected.

"Vic-" A familiar voice said and I spun around, successfully pulling at least three muscles in my neck. I rubbed it and glanced at Asrael.

Asrael looked between the two of us before taking his hand off the door handle and walking away without a second glance.

To hell with this day.

"Sorry for injuring you and I'll pay the money myself." I rushed out, sending Jaxon one last glance and heading in the direction Asrael had left.

I was in a relationship. This wasn't supposed to happen was it? I hadn't been in a real, committed one before but surely I was only supposed to think of Asrael. It wasn't like I was thinking of Jaxon, after all we had only met three days ago. There was just a moment. But why was there a moment? Surely I'm just tripping at this point.