Chapter 5 - Decisions

Start from the beginning

"Never." (FN) nodded and closed his eyes. "Shido." He called knowing he was a distance away. 

"Yeah?" Shido responded. 

"Take care of her. And please, Kurumi my door is always open." He sighed with a little chuckle. "It's true what they say. The things you do for-" He arms around his neck were too much. He coughed and could say no more. Doing his best to stay calm and focus on his breathing. But he was getting already too lightheaded. No good. He was out. All consciousness gone.

The battle raged on. Kotori in a new form was going to do one thing. Mana was unconscious due to Kurumi giving her a few lethal shots. She was covered in blood and unconscious as it now became a one on one battle. And even when no one gave it any possibility, Kotori was going to do her best to mop the floor with the girl that was the threat to her family. The people she deeply cared about. No one messes with Kotori's big brothers. Her eyes turned into a glowing color. The battle was leaning towards Kotori as the flame spirit as Origami also had been choked out and Shido and Tohka just watched. Seeing Kotori lose her senses and go into a mental state that no one has seen before. 

Not before long Kotori had the upper hand. To disbelief of everyone Kotori was overpowering Kurumi with her staff that she was wielding. There was a roaring fire channeled by Kotori that put a whole into Kurumi's clock. She even went to the tactic of having her clones shield her. But with the next burst went through all of those clones and had the real Kurumi on her knees. Feeling defeated. 

"Impossible." Kurumi grunted. 

(FN) opened up an eye as he laid on the ground. His vision was clearing up as the fire spirit of his sister was aiming a deadly attack that could potentially be the final blow. "Shido, do something." He said weakly. 

"Kotori!" Yelled Shido running in the line of fire. 

This is when everyone, including Kotori lost it. The fire covered everything. And the relatives were going to have a lot of questions to ask when they woke up. A new spirit? A human and spirit being one in the same? Perhaps Kotori had a little control left. Maybe she could stop it in time. Or maybe why there is a reason that (FN) and Shido had abilities and Kotori didn't tell them exactly why. There was so much to go over. So much to talk about. And first and foremost, everyone on that rooftop needed medical attention immediately. To some, a confinement space.

~~~~~

It was late in the day. Around sunset. The boys were sent to the ship with Tohka by their side. Yoshino and Yoshinon were already on board which was good. Origami and Mana were going to the nearest hospital and because of their status were getting priority one special treatment. Some it classified to public knowledge. 

(FN) woke up in a bed in a sick bay. He was the only one out. Shido and Tohka were still resting. Disappointed, sore, and his heart sank as he laid there. Tossed and turned and he couldn't get it out of his head. The girl he was crushing on and going on dates with said it was all a lost cause. It made him sad that she would turn down this violent path. But she had hope. Though right now he was at a standstill. 

"Hello Romeo." Said Reine over the bedside. 

"Hey Reine." (FN) turned over to face her. "Sorry. But thank you for saving me."

"You don't have to say sorry for anything. The woman can wait and your sister is in a recovery room. I'll have you and Shido visit her later."

"Glad she's okay. Everyone is good?"

"Origami and Mana will be fine soon. You are a little beat up. Shido got ruffled up but  we know he will make it out. But you, you had more than just a fight." She hugged him. Tightly in her chest. "You will be okay." Letting go and letting him process everything. 

"How about kinako bread? Maybe that will get things in a better motion. Might get the girls in a good mood too."

"I'm sending you home to rest. Shower off, eat something, and make sure you don't do too much. I know what you feel isn't pleasant by any means. So please don't do got on a whim and go searching for something." Reine said this because she knew he had someone else on his mind. 

"Kurumi got away and Kotori is in good health at the moment. Please, get some rest."

I guess I have no choice. I guess send me home and I will try and get better. I have to admit though, I'm concerned. Am I bad with women?" (FN) asked. 

"No. You're actually more composed than Shin. Tohka saw him first. Yoshino also played with Shido while you were with Tohka during that quake a while back. There are more spirits out there. And Kurumi will be back in time. I know rejection is never easy. Neither is knowing that a woman isn't well. But mark today as a success and tomorrow start fresh." Reine may only call the shots temporarily, but she certainly knows all ends of the story. This comforted everyone. (FN) included.

"Shido has the charm."

"Origami is also slowly getting okay with polygamy."

"Okay..."

"She hasn't made moves on you yet."

"Yet? You think I want that crazy broad two timing me?"

"Oh? We really going discuss crazy (FN)?" Asked Reine because she had dirt on someone else that was involved around him. 

"Right..."

"Please rest up and try to get past this. This is beatable."

"Yeah, yeah." (FN) kicked his feet off and got out of bed. He was stiff. "Wow. Neck hurts. Back hurts."

Reine shook her head. "Bath and bed please."

"Solid idea."

It's going to be rather difficult on his end. Based on his heart rate he did fall for her. He deeply cared for her and I don't think he heard what I said in his earpiece. I didn't detect any lies and he thinks that the girl he crushes on is beautiful, sexy, and his help she can live a better life. Though if Kurumi was sealed there is a chance that he could move into the spirit apartments to have more time with her. There is a possibility. And if it's possible, most likely he's going to look for her. We'll have to monitor him closely.

~~~~~

Only a matter of time.

-Rel