Chapter Twenty One

Começar do início

Fourth period rolled around, which meant it was finally lunch time. The four of us strolled through the halls, trying not to notice the snickers and gasps coming from beside me. I held my head high, trying to show that I didn't give two shits about their irrelevant opinions.

We entered the cafeteria, and sat down at our regular booth. So far, so good. I felt kind of safe here. We placed our bags on the table, and went on line to get our lunch. I grabbed a plate of pasta, some juice, and a cup of fruit and placed it on my tray. Francesca, Jon, and Evan seemed to get the same, we walked away with our food and headed back to our table. In the process, Francesca elbowed me in the arm.

"An oaf seems to be looking at you from the jerky jock table." She snickered. I turned my head to see Ricky staring me down from across the room. His eyes lit up, and he gave me a small smile, which i returned.

Oh God, he's making it so hard to avoid him, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Just as he was about to get up from his seat, a blonde bimbo wearing the shortest skirt imaginable sat on his lab, twirling her hair in the process. It was literally 10 degrees outside, how the heck is she not frozen?

She wrapped her arms around his neck, running her hands through his hair in the process. Jon made a gagging sound as he watched her throwing herself on him earning chuckles from the three of us as we slid back into our booth.

"Well, aren't you going to do something about it? " Francesca asked, digging her fork into her pasta. I turned my head to back at him, only to see that he was still looking over at me.

"What am I supposed to do, throw water at her so she would melt?" I said, not breaking my gaze with him. I heard the blonde let out a high pitched scream in front of Ricky's face. She then proceeded to look towards me, and roll her eyes. Ricky shook his head, and broke our little stare down. I let out a sigh, and looked back at my food.

"She would look like a creepy clown will all that makeup dripping down her face." Evan laughed out loud. I shook my head and smiled, taking a sip of my juice.

"Why is he sitting there anyways? He never ditches us on Macaroni Mondays." Francesca asked, rolling her eyes in his tables direction.

"They're having some important team meeting on the next game. Apparently, the rival team's planning to pull some tricks on them before the game." Jon said, taking a bite of his food. Evan's face lit up next to me, and quickly formed into a snarl.

"Watch out, clown girl's walking over here." He said, making me turn my head. Just like he said, the girl who was just grinding on Ricky was coming over here with the most sickeningly fake sweet smile I have ever seen in my entire life. She walked over to the edge of our table, and slammed her hands down, making our trays shift.

"Hi! I'm Heather, Head Cheerleader, but I bet you all already knew that." She said cheerily, still grinning like an idiot. Jon and Evan chuckled while Francesca laughed mockingly.

"Honey, no one knew that." She said, still laughing at Heather's stupidity. Heather scoffed, and rolled her eyes. I guess her nice act was already over.

"Whatever. Anyways, I just came here to clear things up with your friend here. Otherwise, I wouldn't even have myself seen with people like you." She glowered, throwing her hands on her hips. She then turned her head to look at me. She looked at me from top to bottom, and then laughed, as if she's just heard the most hilarious joke

"You. Charlotte, Charlie, Charloser, whatever your name is, you need to keep your eyes off of my Ricky, okay? My boyfriend keeps getting distracted because you keep making googly eyes at him. " She scowled. I raised my eyebrow in confusion.