chapter 5

It's the next day and you have been ignoring everyone. you didn't go to classes which isn't very much like you but you haven't been up to be in the presence of others. you skipped breakfast and lunch but you're finally giving in to get dinner.

———————

You're one of the first students in the great hall so you hurry and take a seat. You eat quickly hoping that you can leave before Harry and Ron show up.

As you're taking a few sips you notice Ron and Harry walk into the great hall. You quickly put your head down and hope that they take the hint that you don't want to be around them and walk past you but of course they see you and take a seat at your table.

"Y/n- Where have you been?!" Ron says as he nudges you on shoulder while taking a seat next to you.

"Busy." you say softly as you pick at food

Harry clears his throat.
"Can we talk?" Harry asks you

You roll your eyes
You reply "Sure."

"..about yesterday-" Harry mumbles

"Look. I'm over it and I'm over the whole argument from yesterday." You spit out

"Oh- Well. Can we talk about-" He says but you cut him off

"No. i don't want to talk about it.. I would prefer that everything went back to normal." You say still not making eye contact

"I don't think it can.." Harry replies softly

You perk your head up and glare
"What's that supposed to mean?"

Ron laughs softly

"Shut it, Ronald." You spat at him

Harry sighs.
"Tell me why you were crying in the stairwell."
He says

You scoff and say loudly "Draco told you?!?"

Draco hears his name and turns around and you make eye contact with each-other.

"That's not the point." Harry replies

After you hear Harry's response you break eye contact with Draco and face Harry.

You're shocked at the fact Harry knows about you crying yet you're also intrigued as to why Draco would tell Harry.. Does Draco really care about you..? Is that why he yelled at Harry..? Is that why he's so involved in my life now ..?

You snap out of your thoughts and struggle to form a sentence. "i- um." Ron turns to face you both and then you say "I was overwhelmed.. that's all."

"Overwhelmed that our plan worked??" Harry says confused

You then again struggle to form a sentence. You're unsure on why he is being so confrontational about this. The plan was HIS IDEA. Why is he making such a big deal out of it? "i-.."

"Harry this was all your idea!! i don't understand why you're so upset!" You spat at him

Harry rolls his eyes and sighs
Ron throws a piece of food at him across the table and mouths "TELL HER."

Harry clears his throat
"We can't just be "friends" y/n.."

You feel your heart sink. You think in this moment you're about to lose your best friend.

"What- Why." You say as you feel yourself tremble

Harry takes a few seconds to respond and you're just looking at him confused, waiting for an answer.

"Because y/n.. i've fallen in love with you." He spits out

Your eyes widen. You feel some sort of relief that he has feelings for you as well but at the same time it hurts because the moment you both start to date.. your friendship will forever be over and will never be how it used to be. When feelings get involved, nothing ever ends good.

You look to the side, not being able to make eye contact with him.

"Is that why you came up with this plan?" You ask

"Yes.. I was hoping that in the process you would maybe also fall for me .." He confesses

You're lost for words.
"Harry.. i-"

"I understand that this is a lot and.." you cut him off

"Harry.. I don't have those feelings for you.." You say to him without eye contact. You feel your heart sink from lying to him but keeping him as a friend is better than losing him from being in love with each-other. You would do anything to have him in your life forever, even if that meant lying to yourself about your feelings forever ..

He tilts his head and looks at Ron. Even Ron is speechless as if he wasn't expecting that responds from you.

"Look me in the eyes and tell me you don't feel the same way!" Harry shouts

You take a deep breath, you look him in the eyes and say "I don't have feelings for you and I would appreciate it if you would do the same."

The moment you say those foul words you can feel yourself tearing up but you pull through and the tears go away. You did the right thing. Anything to keep him in your life.

As you turn away to get up, you can see the hurt in his eyes. You want to hug him and tell him that you love him but this is all for the best. You get up and walk away. You hear footsteps following you.. You're hoping it isn't Harry because you really just want to cry your heart out right now.

——————————-
Harry's Pov:

I watch her walk off, wanting to follow her but I see Draco follow her. Honestly.. As long as she's happy that's all that matters.. I hid my feelings for her for years.. i can do it again.

"What the hell was that?!?" Ron spats in shock

"What I expected." I spat back

"Mate.. i thought-" Ron says but i cut him off

"It's fine Ron. She's my best friend.. That's enough for me." I say, still wanting to shed a tear.

————————-

As you're walking you pause and turn around.

"What do you wa-"

"Hey y/n.." Draco says.

You roll your eyes.
"What do you want."

"I wanted to apologize for um.. yesterday." He says to you

You nod and reply "It's fine, really.. i'm over it."

He nods back and smiles.
He begins to turn around to head back to the great hall but you call out his name, he turns around and looks at you confused.

"I was wondering if you wanna go out with me tomorrow?" you ask him with a small smile

"like on a date?" he asks

"Yeah." You reply with a small laugh

He laughs and looks to the ground "Sure. I'll pick you up at 7 tomorrow?"

You nod and smile.

"See you then." He says as he walks back to the great hall with eager

You think to yourself that maybe getting with Draco will get your mind off Harry and exclude those feelings you have towards Harry and maybe everything will REALLY go back to normal.

You turn around and walk through the halls.

You sigh and think of all those romantic but fake memories you and Harry made these past couple of weeks.

You always carry around a polaroid of you and Harry. You sigh at it and get teary eyed.

"I hope i'm not making another bad choice.." You say to yourself softly.

———————————-

Hey everyone. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Sorry for the delay.. I've kinda been having writer's block but now my mind's back to writing. If you want updates or more series like this, follow my tiktok: hp.nat

Thank you for all the love and support lately on this new story of mine and my other story. it means the world to me. I love you all <3