"You'll see," Theo muttered before taking a bite from his sandwich. Everybody began eating their delicious food, satisfied with what they are eating.

____

Early in the morning, Theo dashed out of bed, quickly getting ready for the day. Afterward, rushing out of the house, heading toward the forest. As he ran through town, people were giving odd looks but shrugged it off.

When he entered the forest, he stopped running, now wandering. Theo had never taken the time to appreciate the nature around him. It's not a common thing to go exploring the woods in Yairenth.

After an hour, Theo was beginning to lose hope, believing he would never see Zelphar again. Suddenly, the ground shook from beneath him, exciting the human.

Theo rushed in the direction as to where the shaking was coming from. He had to run through bushes to get there as fast as he could. He didn't want to lose his chance.

The scent of a human caught Zelphar's nose. Then he saw movement from the corner of his eye. He snapped his head to look in that direction. It was Theo, running in the bushes.

The moment Theo stepped out in the open, the giant lightly kicked him, forcing the human back into the bush.

"Zelphar, do you smell that?" His mother, Alavara, asked, sniffing the air around her. Her eyes were closed to rely on only her nose to find where the scent was coming from.

"No, I don't smell anything. I think you're growing a cold, mother." In an instant, she turned around, clutching his jaw, causing him pain. He whimpered in pain as his feet left the ground. Zelphar grabbed onto her wrist, trying to make her let go.

"Don't dought me, boy!" Alavara hissed before dropping her son. He fell on his back, crying out in pain. He rubbed where she had dug her nails into his skin. Thankfully, he wasn't bleeding, but it still hurt.

"If you speak to me like that, then go find your own food." She sent a glare at Zelphar before continuing on the path she was already following.

When she was out of sight, he reached into the bush that he had shoved Theo into. When he stuck his hand in, his finger felt a human who flinched at his touch. Immediately, Zelphar dragged him out of the bush.

"Let me go!" Theo begged, now trembling in the giant's palm. He looked up to see Zelphar holding back a laugh. "Oh, thank god it's you." The human breathed and gave him a relieved smile.

"Uh, sorry I... kicked you. I couldn't let my mother see you!" The giant carefully ruffled Theo's hair to remove the access leaves tangled in it.

"I can do it myself, you know!" He tried to push away the giant finger, but his efforts were futile against his strength.

"But how can you see the leaves?! There on the top of your head!" Zelphar recoiled his finger, furrowing his brows in confusion.

"I can feel them with my hands. I'm not helpless!" By saying this, the giant looked hurt but shook his head and apologized again. "Er- it's okay. You didn't know." Theo tried lighting up the mood.

"Yeah, but I should've. Anyway, let's go somewhere else." Zelphar used his free hand and lightly pressed it from above the human in his hand. Theo tried pushing the palm from above him for a moment before the giant stood.

From all of the shaking of him standing, Theo had a difficult time keeping his balance. "Careful!" He blurted out, earning another 'sorry' from the giant.

When Zelphar removed his hand from above the human, he brought it to his side. Meanwhile, Theo rushed to the edge to see the forest from this height. It was still so surreal to him, never being anywhere near this tall.