What surprised her was that she could actually understand what the female ghoul said.

Well, that was unexpected, even to her.

What if she could hear countless ghosts whispering behind her every time she sneaked out at night in the future?

"It all depends on you. If you do not wish to hear them, then you won't." A familiar deep voice sounded, it was His Highness. He was even chuckling at her in jest.

Helian Wei Wei looked up at the throne. He was peeking into her thoughts again! Could he just give her some privacy!

Elder Xu Wu did not expect things to come to this, which made his expression turn solemn. Even the exorcists from the neighbouring kingdoms wore serious expressions which were not there before.

Ever since the disaster which befell the War Dragon Empire's Elder Compound, their strength in the field of exorcism had been weaker than ever.

The three kingdoms must have guessed so, which was why they formed an alliance and arrived at the capital together.

But now, someone here succeeded in using the Nine Word Mantra, and seeing the female ghoul's reaction... it seemed that this person's mantra was packed with force!

For not even the three kingdoms' exorcists could guarantee that they could make the female ghoul cower in such fear. It was almost as if there was something in here that was more dangerous than her.

There was indeed someone here who was more vicious than she was... And that was Baili Jia Jue, who was seated on the throne.

His face was decorated with an elegant smirk, as always. He was right behind Helian Wei Wei, and when no one was paying attention, a dangerous golden light subtly flickered across his black pupils.

It was at that moment, the female ghoul felt a presence that humans could not, hence she squirmed into the talisman pouch and no longer tried to come out.

Of course, the female ghoul had no idea what that presence was, but a deep fear struck her from her veins, telling her that she had to obey!

No matter what, it was evident that Helian Wei Wei had won this round.

However, at this moment, Elder Xu Wu opened his mouth and asked, "Who had the best time?"

He was reminding everyone of the initial rules. The exorcist with the fastest time wins.

It was obvious that Leng Yi from the Xuanyuan Kingdom had the upper hand here. As for the War Dragon Empire, the young man alone had used up a lot of time in resisting the female ghoul. Adding on Helian Wei Wei's support after that...

"I'm sorry." The young man hung his head and clenched his fists.

Helian Wei Wei smiled devilishly, "It's alright, this is only the first round. This is just the beginning, you may retreat for now. I will take over for the rest of the contest."

"So the War Dragon Empire is planning to send in a substitute?" Elder Xu Wu laughed in sarcasm. His gaze fell on Helian Wei Wei as he spoke in a provocative tone, "Third Princess Consort, you won't possibly assume that all the exorcists from our Xuanyuan Empire are merely at this level, right?"

Helian Wei Wei flashed him a dashing smile and said coolly, "We from the War Dragon Empire are also more that what you have just seen. Your princess was asking me what I could I offer to Our Highness, right? I have thought about it carefully, and here is my answer – aside from funding his expenses and taking care of him, I can also help him teach people the lessons they deserve. Especially to big bullies like your esteemed kingdom."