no, no, no. it's too early for me to be meeting the lead roles, can't i get a background character or someone for now? iseul stepped back, but he followed, his head leaning closer to the girl as his eyes gave her a once over. "c-can i help you?" she questioned, avoiding his piercing gaze as she looked at anything but him. 

"where have i seen you before?" he questioned, tilting his head as he tried to place a name on the mystery face before him. iseul's eyebrows knitted together, wondering what he meant by that. there was no way he could know of her, heck she just woke up one day and ended up in this world! she didn't even know what kind of back story she had yet, so how could he?

"you must have me mistaken with someone else, i'm new here." she nervously chuckled, trying to wave him off, but the boy wouldn't budge, which was no surprise to iseul considering that was the type of character he was. "aish, so annoying." she discreetly mumbled, running a hand through her hair. 

"hm, what was that?" han seojun questioned, the proximity between the two completely disappearing as his face was only millimetres away. if anyone were to bump into either student at that moment, their lips might even touch. for a second, nothing processed through iseul's mind, completely captivated by the boy as a knowing smirk made its way onto his lips, fully aware of the effect he had on the girl. 

iseul cleared her throat, placing a hand on his shoulder and pushed him back before he got any ideas. "i-i'm late!" the girl exclaimed, rushing past seojun and towards the staff room. she placed a hand on her chest, right above where her heart lay, feeling the erratic pulse beat against her bones. "no way am i falling for a jerk like that." she muttered, entering the staff room with a scowl.

"ah, you must be bae iseul." iseul jumped out of her skin, snapping out of her thoughts as she glanced up at the teacher who had spoken to her. she immediately recognised him as he was jukyung's homeroom teacher. 

"ah, yes i am, hello." the girl politely bowed, a smile replacing her previous scowl as she followed mr han towards his desk. 

"we're so excited to have someone like iseul-ssi in our school. your parents have done so much for us too, we're very grateful for it." mr han added, looking through his files for iseul's documents that she'd be needing.

"my parents?" she questioned, pointing at herself to make sure they were talking about the right person. "what do my parents do?" she questioned thoughtlessly, only realising how stupid she must've sounded after asking. "f-for the school, i mean." she quickly added, hoping that it sounded plausible. it seemed to work as mr han informed the girl of what her parents had done.

"they've been funding the school trips and festivals for years now, they even paid for the cost of the gym renovations last year. i guess, when you own such a large company in korea, they wanted to do something for the schools, especially one that their daughter has been wishing to attend, from what i've heard." iseul blinked, wondering just what kind of life she was living in this world.

"me?" she questioned, pointing at herself once again to make sure they were still talking about the same person. 

"oh my! is this the bae iseul i've been hearing so much about?!" a voice interrupted the pair before mr han could question iseul's confusion, a little concerned by her constant questioning. 

"vice principal, you're here?" mr han immediately stood up, bowing towards his superior as iseul turned around in confusion. 

"of course! i had to see one of korea's top one percent myself!" he exclaimed excitedly, patting iseul's shoulder. however, the girl was unable to return the excitement, wondering if she had heard him right. just what kind of person am i in this world? she questioned, not believing that she had it so good here. it was almost tempting to just stay here instead of finding a way back, but there was no way she could do that.

she didn't belong here, right?

༺  ...loading...  ༻