The Mansion Game

Chapter 1

One by one the coffins slowly opened. Everyone seemed to be handling things pretty well but no one dared speak. Eventually we all moved beside our creepy wooden coffins.  Finally I stood up.

“Okay people,” my voice was hard and strong, I need some way to keep these kiddies in tacked. “We don’t know why we are here, why we woke up in coffins but we do know one thing; our names. I will start. I’m Stevie.”

“I’m Sam,” the boy that was in the coffin next to me said.

“Kate,” mumbled one girl, she had her head resting on her knees and all you could see was blonde hair.

“Amber,” said one girl, she had bright green eyes, black hair and high cheek bones.

“Alexis,” said the girl Amber was leaning on. They were obviously twins.

“I’m Damian,” one boy sighed. He had blond hair, blue eyes and was build like a football player.

“Max,” said another boy. His black hair was a greasy mess on his head and he wore Harry Potter style glasses.

“Bobby,” mumbled one Goth boy who was still lying in his coffin.

“Okay…” my voice trailed off, not really knowing what to say.

“What now?” asked Amber as she straitened up. Great, now everyone is going to think I’m the leader.

“Now we look around,” I sighed. I started walking to the door when someone grabbed my leg. I screamed and jumped around.

“Shut up!” yelled Sam. “You can’t leave, what if he his still out there.”

I pulled a lipstick tube out of my pocket and uncapped it, revealing a thin blade instead of lip stick.

“I’ll be prepared,” I sighed as I shoved it back in my pocket. I got a lot of funny looks.

“My mom got paranoid after my dad was killed,” I sighed, not wanting to explain further I walked out the door.

I walked the down the white walked hallway, there was exactly eight rooms, not counting the coffin one. In each room there was a bed, dresser and small bathroom. The stairway I walked down was glass and led to a living room with a big screened TV, two leather couches and a Wii. The kitchen was fully stocked with food. There was one more room which led to a gym with a pool. Yes our captor gave us an indoor pool.

I made my way back upstairs to the coffin room, “It’s just us in here. This place is huge!”

“Stevie,” Alexis’s face was pale and she was holding a sheet of paper, she handed it to me.

It read;

Well, I see you’re awake! No, you can’t leave. No, I am not going to kill you. You’re here to play a game. You see, you all have on thing in common, today is your birthday. That’s why it has to be you.

The game is simple; survive.

The last teen standing gets to go home. Oh, yes, you do have to be a killer. You have a week starting at midnight.

Signed;

          The Ref.

P.S Happy Birthday!